Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
fredtosser

Trouble at Okells

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

[sigh] as I said it won’t stop you harping on ad infinitum for the next 5 years regardless; and then just several minutes later you prove the statement 100% correct by continuing to moan, and bleat, and generally act like a petulant first-class knob because someone pointed out what a boring and belligerent arsehole you’re being. 

As ironic as my reply is, give it a rest you moron. You and the one man gang need to just let this hatred thing go...

eta - ironic as in perpetuating your whiney disruptive comments

Edited by Neil Down

19 hours ago, lezayre said:

They must be buying all the staff that resigned leaving presents because they have put the prices up again. Bitter now £3.25 in my local, apparently went up in Tuesday. Unbelievable!

Bushy's £2.60 bitter. £2.70 for their specials (Pride, Dark Side etc.), £3.20 for a top notch guest e.g. Plum Porter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madmanx90 said:

Frankly, I think it’s pretty unprofessional to work for the same employer for 40 years and then when you decide to call it a day - and fair enough we all have that choice - immediately start lobbing pronouncements into the public domain basically saying “It’s all gone to shit now I’ve left”. This smacks of narcissism big time. Even if matters have indeed gone to shit, the classy thing to do is keep schtum and let others work it out for themselves. Not impressed. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Frankly, I think it’s pretty unprofessional to work for the same employer for 40 years and then when you decide to call it a day - and fair enough we all have that choice - immediately start lobbing pronouncements into the public domain basically saying “It’s all gone to shit now I’ve left”. This smacks of narcissism big time. Even if matters have indeed gone to shit, the classy thing to do is keep schtum and let others work it out for themselves. Not impressed. 

Typical of the man though

Thinks he is god

He is more bitter than any brew he helped make. Note the word helped.

• Like 1

Had a pint from a new barrel on Friday. Didn't seem the same and I didn't enjoy it. Switched back to Doombar after that pint.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2018 at 4:48 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

Bushy's £2.60 bitter. £2.70 for their specials (Pride, Dark Side etc.), £3.20 for a top notch guest e.g. Plum Porter.

Carling draught lager now £4.05 per pint in brewery houses. Other draught brands (Peroni) as much as £4.20 per pint in brewery houses.

Carling lager (often brewery supplied) @ £3.30 - £3.60 per pint in free houses.

Speaks for itself IMHO.

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

I left a (UK) government job and my letter of resignation was a long one. It outlined all my groans and gripes and reasons for leaving. It got everything off my chest. The letter ran to a couple of pages. It was composed over a few weeks and I was proud of it. I showed it to one of my bosses, who I greatly respected. He read it through, smiling and nodding in agreement as he did so.

"This is very good" he said "And so very true. I'll amend it for you".

He took a pen and put a line through everything except the first and last sentence: "I wish to offer my resignation from [date]........I wish the Department all the very best for the future"

Best advice I ever took.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Old Git said:

Had a pint from a new barrel on Friday. Didn't seem the same and I didn't enjoy it. Switched back to Doombar after that pint.

How can you be sure that it was from a new barrel ? Its likley there is still a lot of stock left that Mike and the old brewery team made.

• Like 2

True. It was a new barrel that the barman had just put in, but it could be an old new barrel or a new new barrel. 

Didn’t like it though. 

2 hours ago, gettafa said:

I left a (UK) government job and my letter of resignation was a long one. It outlined all my groans and gripes and reasons for leaving. It got everything off my chest. The letter ran to a couple of pages. It was composed over a few weeks and I was proud of it. I showed it to one of my bosses, who I greatly respected. He read it through, smiling and nodding in agreement as he did so.

"This is very good" he said "And so very true. I'll amend it for you".

He took a pen and put a line through everything except the first and last sentence: "I wish to offer my resignation from [date]........I wish the Department all the very best for the future"

Best advice I ever took.

You surely never went back...???!!!

Had to smile at the gushing, unspellchecked Okells' website:

"A master brewer with an uncanny knowledge of the finest hops in the world, our seasonal cask beers are where they unleashe their creativity! "

One for Pseuds Corner methinks.

I find Okells a bit thin for me anyway.

This company is the second largest employer on the IOM so nobody in the intelligence house in Bucks Rd will want to rock the boat or upset them.

3 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Carling draught lager now £4.05 per pint in brewery houses. Other draught brands (Peroni) as much as £4.20 per pint in brewery houses.

Carling lager (often brewery supplied) @ £3.30 - £3.60 per pint in free houses.

Speaks for itself IMHO.

Anyone who drinks carling needs their bumps felt. If they want to chuck £4 odd on that muck, good luck to the brewery. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Anyone who drinks carling needs their bumps felt. If they want to chuck £4 odd on that muck, good luck to the brewery. 

It was nice once, ( Black label) IMO, but not now.

• Like 1