Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
fredtosser

Trouble at Okells

3 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Having spent all that money getting the new brewery location in place seems an awful shame. Internal politics eh...

I can think of at least 60 people who will be delighted if this is true. They are not even drinkers.

(I will PM you later ND as to why we differ on the "shame" thing.)

5 hours ago, Ravabelli said:

HR stopped producing bottles and cans many months ago. The beer and cider in the pub carried the same odd taste so stopped drinking in there a few months ago. The only place I could get a decent Mosaic was at HQ bar.

He should never have done that deal with Raj. It was the beginning of the end. Almost everything he owns is mothballed, shut down, and left to fester after he’s got bored with it or lost money on it. Not to mention the rumored issues in the UK which will emerge soon. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

He should never have done that deal with Raj. It was the beginning of the end. Almost everything he owns is mothballed, shut down, and left to fester after he’s got bored with it or lost money on it. Not to mention the rumored issues in the UK which will emerge soon. 

I agree. He was doing well, but needed a backer. He just chose the wrong one by a million miles.

So....is the bottleneck TT tent arrangement subject to any sort of long-term contractual obligations by the latterly successful tenderer?

37 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

So....is the bottleneck TT tent arrangement subject to any sort of long-term contractual obligations by the latterly successful tenderer?

NO

2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

What rumours exactly - does it relate to HMRC?

2 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Is the a rhetorical question? 

No; I ask because the Whitthalls Wines/EFB v HMRC is in the public domain, and apart from Ballafletcher, I didn't know of any additional rumours.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

NO

A few posters on the TT 2018 Entertainment and Tents thread suggested that it was a five year contract with the Corpy, I just looked through it?

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

A few posters on the TT 2018 Entertainment and Tents thread suggested that it was a five year contract with the Corpy, I just looked through it?

Was it binding both ways ?

8 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Binding or otherwise guaranteed to be an unmitigated disaster area.

• Thanks 1

Binding or not a contract is useless if a company has gone bust. Just look at Carrilion. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

No idea, but it might suggest that there WAS a contractual arrangement in place for future years. Meat for lawyers and liquidators maybe.

And if HR are now unable to honour, who will the Corpy go crawling to now for next year, given the success Bushy's made of the Villa that they'll not want to give up and rub DBC's face in it?

If they’ve gone belly up, can’t see how they can honour it. Maybe Bushy’s would prefer to go back to the Bottleneck. The costs to set up would be considerably less

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

No idea, but it might suggest that there WAS a contractual arrangement in place for future years. Meat for lawyers and liquidators maybe.

And if HR are now unable to honour, who will the Corpy go crawling to now for next year, given the success Bushy's made of the Villa that they'll not want to give up and rub DBC's face in it?

They need to let the Bottleneck Beer Tent die

• Like 1