Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Boo Gay'n

Hospital doctors ripping us off in another way

In another answer in this week's Tynwald, we hear that a racket is running in the operating theatres at Nobles

- Identified potential efficiency gains of approximately £3.5 million / annum

- Public theatre utilisation is significantly less efficient than private theatre utilisation

Jeez louise, waht is going on there?

http://www.tynwald.org.im/business/hansard/20002020/18 Sep 2018 Tynwald Written Answers.pdf

Why not combine your two threads???

Yes, if consultants are here purely for greed purposes and I believe that Nobles allow them a certain amount of ' private' use of facilities, then obviously they are, through greed, going to use this allotment !

Where do they get the private patients from? Presumably from us, the public, trying to gain the system, either by paying up front or through private medical insurance, either personally paid for of offered as a 'perk' at the workplace.

Who is responsible? Well, we are, society in general is always these days trying to gain the system and medical facilities, which should be available to all at the point need are being utilised to provide an extra shilling for those of little conscience?

It would be interesting to know if there are 'fly in' patients being treated at these private consultations?

Very good question at the end there Kopek, but a lot of private patients are also those who pay in sheer desperation at having to wait a year or more to see a consultant on the NHS.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Very good question at the end there Kopek, but a lot of private patients are also those who pay in sheer desperation at having to wait a year or more to see a consultant on the NHS.

Only a year!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

And are the waiting lists manipulated by the doctors to max out their private practice?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Been saying this for a years but I've been mocked for saying it and called a conspiracy nut or accused of making stuff up.

It's a fact. These consultants are taking the absolute p----.

1 minute ago, Boo Gay'n said:

And are the waiting lists manipulated by the doctors to max out their private practice?

Yep. 100%.

You'd have thought that on this kind of money the consultant at the eye clinic could afford toothpaste or breath mints.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think that we have asked this question of the cost of consultants before.

i don't remember getting an answer!

7 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

You'd have thought that on this kind of money the consultant at the eye clinic could afford toothpaste or breath mints.

there was a dentist in ramsey a few years back whose teeth were worse than mine with the breath of a camels arse,  not exactly confidence inspiring.

• Haha 1

If anyone has actual evidence of manipulation of NHS waiting lists to boost private income I'd suggest they contact the police as that was Hoeman’s (sp?) trick. 

• Thanks 3