Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
La Colombe

Rob Callister

41 minutes ago, Chef Raekwon said:

Evening Rob :thumbsup:

I'm certain the 30 year old threadbare burgundy tartan carpet and sign at the top of the stairs giving directions to a Nightclub long since closed prompted the positive Venue comments...

If I had the opportunity to watch Jonathan Stansfield dunking his flock in the sewer outlet from the balconies of the "Suites" it might get 4 stars out of five.

• Haha 2

On 11/1/2019 at 3:48 PM, Neil Down said:

Dilli wasn't one of them...

Aww... give him a break :P

On 10/30/2019 at 4:40 PM, Andy Onchan said:

Do any of the media outlets have sports editors these days, or is it just left to each sport to provide it's own commentary?

John Watty is still going

The Peoples Prince has started his election campaign already - preaching on behalf of the Onchan Council House dwellers - interview on MR - CBA to link its on his FB pages

Crop Rotation in Onchan - Karran used to farm Granny's - Rob now farms Chavs.......

• Like 1

What's he saying? I went for months without even hearing his name after reporting his blog as spam. Thanks for the reminder of his existence and all that is wrong with the elected branch of government.

9 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

The Peoples Prince has started his election campaign already - preaching on behalf of the Onchan Council House dwellers - interview on MR - CBA to link its on his FB pages

Crop Rotation in Onchan - Karran used to farm Granny's - Rob now farms Chavs.......

Did you listen to the clip?

10 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Did you listen to the clip?

Yes Neil - making noise to support a monthly increase of less than 20 Lambert & Butler to appease the few who want rents rationalised

Agreeing with benefits going up to pay the increase and in Rob's words and I quote "Supporting the middle Ground".......

All in the first minute.......

• Like 1

Why should they increase at all? It's not as if the value of the properties has gone up.

4 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

The Peoples Prince has started his election campaign already

Did he ever stop.

Probably he should get a petiton of about 3,000 people, then demand they should be listened too.

7 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

Why should they increase at all? It's not as if the value of the properties has gone up.

You for real?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

the cost of keeping them maintained has though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

The commercial value of the properties shouldn't be a factor in the rate charged, otherwise what's the point of having Commissioners Houses? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

I’ve never understood the whole Onchan thing. The entire politics of Onchan seems to work around about 6 moaning bastards in commissioners houses moaning that they can’t afford to be in commissioners houses. 

It was like that 20 years ago when I worked in the Manx Arms too. Nice to see things never change.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WTF said:

the cost of keeping them maintained has though.

All commissioners get increased costs every year. PS pay settlements and increased incinerator charges mainly. How much they do to decrease costs in other available areas is a different question...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

I imagine the Manxie hasn’t changed much either. It’s probably the same miserable bastards in there too who always seem to be able to afford a few pints of an evening but who will sit and moan that they can’t afford a £2.50 a week rise in their rent. 

I think that the landlords of that place are cherry picked to fit in with their customers...