Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
La Colombe

Rob Callister

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

The Peoples Prince has started his election campaign already - preaching on behalf of the Onchan Council House dwellers - interview on MR - CBA to link its on his FB pages

Crop Rotation in Onchan - Karran used to farm Granny's - Rob now farms Chavs.......

 

 

Quirkie, kiddie farming. Although he has now taken over the grannies since Peter Karran quit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gettafa said:

Quirkie, kiddie farming. Although he has now taken over the grannies since Peter Karran quit.

LOL Almost misread that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Declan said:

The commercial value of the properties shouldn't be a factor in the rate charged, otherwise what's the point of having Commissioners Houses? 

The point is to provide housing to people on low incomes. The rent (which includes rates) should not be increased year on year when there is no year on year increase in the value of the property; nor should there be a rent increase even if there was such a value increase, as I agree it would defeat the purpose. That said, there are many people in local authority housing who are not on low incomes and should be kicked out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WTF said:

the cost of keeping them maintained has though.

No, it hasn't. They don't require and nor do they receive year on year maintenance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

No, it hasn't. They don't require and nor do they receive year on year maintenance.

Ain't that the truth,  It's only the pay and pension entitlement of those in the employment of the LA's that's increased.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

Why should they increase at all? It's not as if the value of the properties has gone up.

Really!!

rates go up, salaries go up, overheads go up, loads need repaying, maintenance costs each year has to be facilitated.

To many admin, managers, seniors, services, to many local authorities.  Ffs the council houses in Onchan are better maintained than most private houses.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

Really!!

rates go up, salaries go up, overheads go up, loads need repaying, maintenance costs each year has to be facilitated.

To many admin, managers, seniors, services, to many local authorities.  Ffs the council houses in Onchan are better maintained than most private houses.  

Okay, then don't put the rates up, don't put the salaries up. There are no year on year maintenance costs per house and you can't set a rent for one house based on your expenditure on other houses, as that just doesn't make any sense and wouldn't be tolerated in the private sector (imagine a shop expecting you to pay more for an item because the shop recently opened a new store in another town?). I know many people in Onchan commissioners' houses and the houses are not being maintained by the commissioners at all. In fact, legitimate requests for valid maintenance work to be carried out are ignored, even though the people continue to pay rent week after week, year after year. There is actually no need for the commissioners to take out any loans or to increase rents to fund capital projects: they already bring in more than enough revenue from existing rental income. There is no need for any expenditure beyond their already existing income and savings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, finlo said:

Ain't that the truth,  It's only the pay and pension entitlement of those in the employment of the LA's that's increased.

Exactly. I assume "Buncha W-nkas" works for Onchan Commissioners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As previously posted, authorities across the Island have price hikes imposed on them from central Govt. They have no choice in the matter in these hikes. Their immediate options are to raise rates and/or raise rents for their social housing. The secondary options are to make cuts or seek economies in their operations. Which they seem reluctant to do in many cases.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

As previously posted, authorities across the Island have price hikes imposed on them from central Govt. They have no choice in the matter in these hikes. Their immediate options are to raise rates and/or raise rents for their social housing. The secondary options are to make cuts or seek economies in their operations. Which they seem reluctant to do in many cases.

They do have a choice in what they spend and don't spend. They rake in more than enough revenue to cover the amount to pay to central government (although that itself is a load of nonsense). It's literally just two separate layers of government bureaucracy acting like mafia families competing over who gets how much money they extract from the local community through threat of force.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...