Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
La Colombe

Rob Callister

I must admit that RCs question has got me stumped.

Perhaps he has constituents in Onchan who send their children to KWC? Adolescent Farming, tomorrow’s voters?

58 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

They do I think you’ll find. In fact I imagine they are probably embarrassed by the publicity that some of their pupils parents apparently can’t afford 50p to catch the bus. I imagine that as a well funded school they also have grants and bursaries for that sort of stuff if pupils are genuinely in need. 

That's not actually quite Rob's point.  He's complaining because those attending King Bill's or the Buchan aren't entitled to have a Go Schools Card, which means "Children travelling between their home and IoM Government-run schools and college courses can travel for 40p per journey with a pre-paid Go smart travel card. Those travelling to school without a card or at other times will have to pay the standard fare".   Presumably some constituent has complained that when little Ollie comes back after rugger practice he has to pay half or full fare (if over 16) for it.  There possibly is a point there about universal provision, but I can't say it would be my top priority.

• Like 2