Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
La Colombe

Rob Callister

1 minute ago, Neil Down said:

I think he's XL, wouldn't do him any harm to miss a meal...

XXXL clothing

XXXS knob

XXXXXXXXXXS brain

Posted (edited)

He has just posted a blog about a tourism meeting held today where 140 people attended. Cant believe what I've read. Businesses are closing to stop large groups gathering the government advice is to practice social distancing yet heres a government meeting holding 140 people being held. 

Edited by thommo2010
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

He has just posted a blog about a tourism meeting held today where 140 people attended. Cant believe what I've read. Businesses are closing to stop large groups gathering the chief minister is advising social distancing yet heres a government meeting holding 140 people being held. 

Probably more people attended that meeting than tourists we'll have this year.

Most of them no doubt DfE/Govt. employees.

12 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

He has just posted a blog about a tourism meeting held today where 140 people attended. Cant believe what I've read. Businesses are closing to stop large groups gathering the government advice is to practice social distancing yet heres a government meeting holding 140 people being held. 

A further example of a government all over the place with no coherent plan. This is a damn disgrace. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Give it a rest. As much as the meeting was probably a load of nonsense and nothing, as usual, of any use will have come out of it life does have to go on in some description. We're not on lockdown and there are decisions to be made before we do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lxxx said:

Give it a rest. As much as the meeting was probably a load of nonsense and nothing, as usual, of any use will have come out of it life does have to go on in some description. We're not on lockdown and there are decisions to be made before we do.

Life does have to go on I agree but maybe the members of the government should be leading by example. On their website whilst not banning large gatherings they advise against it. As I say I've seen pensioners clubs stop their coffee mornings mums and tots groups closing 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Incredible really , they just don't get it and confirms what many of us already think there's a serious shortage of common sense and brain cells in many in government management . Nobody apart from top table needed to be there as with modern technology or even Manx radio ! it could have been managed easily with input too 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

It's actually on Facebook, I thought I'd check because I thought maybe you misunderstood and it was held previously to yesterday - but no there it is.  What gets me is that it seems to have been just a 'vent' session with people complaining about the situation rather than the DfE telling them what they were going to do.  There was no real need for it, except maybe that those in the DfE are so thick they wouldn't realise the situation unless people actually shouted at them in person.

Still I'm sure that we'll all be following the rules about eliminating unnecessary personal contact now.  Here's Rob:

As the Political Member responsible for Tourism I will make myself available at short notice to meet up with anyone within the Serviced, Non-Serviced Accommodation Sector, along with Events etc, in order to ensure that your concerns are being heard, and then fed back to the DfE Minister and the Department, along with the Treasury Minister and his team as quickly as possible.

Words fail me.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Your concerns will be heard

Eff all will be done

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's actually on Facebook, I thought I'd check because I thought maybe you misunderstood and it was held previously to yesterday - but no there it is.  What gets me is that it seems to have been just a 'vent' session with people complaining about the situation rather than the DfE telling them what they were going to do.  There was no real need for it, except maybe that those in the DfE are so thick they wouldn't realise the situation unless people actually shouted at them in person.

Still I'm sure that we'll all be following the rules about eliminating unnecessary personal contact now.  Here's Rob:

Words fail me.

He's a wag isn't he...

57 minutes ago, Holte End said:

I hate it when I am right.

you must be quite happy most of the time then .

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Is he still holding a constituency meeting session tomorrow? 

1 hour ago, FDR said:

Is he still holding a constituency meeting session tomorrow? 

Yes, I will be holding my Constituency Surgery tomorrow morning - properly the last one for a few months. 

It isn’t a large gathering normally and I feel it is important that I make myself available to answer any questions or concerns from Constituents 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Rob Callister said:

I feel it is important that I make myself available

It's not. 

Edited by FDR
  • Like 2