Jump to content

Rob Callister


La Colombe
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, 2112 said:

When is the new £mmm TT Grandstand getting built? 
 

It will be another IOMG screw up that may be completed in time for the General Election of 2026, and no doubt if our island contractors are involved, and with much IOMG interference, once completed it will be riddled with faults. 

You make a good point. What planet are our MHK's on when hearing about all the cockup's and overspends but clearly dont do anything about it it would seem. Mind blowing ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rob Callister said:

 

As for the Poker Stars Rally I managed to watch two stages - a great event for the island's tourism calendar    

That's strange as quite a few of those involved in this likened it to DoI in charge of a piss up in the brewery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Peter Layman said:

That's strange as quite a few of those involved in this likened it to DoI in charge of a piss up in the brewery.

It looked that way to me the bits I saw, blokes in civvies putting out cones and barriers in the road, not a yellow hi viz in sight, really amateur. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stronger business = you're not getting away with a copy and paste job from that drafted for the fairy houses which had benefits of mythical proportions.

As such they have now become objects of modern folklore (how much, where are they, did a zillion folk view the YouTube as planned). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

I really don’t know why some of you lot don’t feck off to Albania to live. Nothing better to do than moan about the TT scoreboard ! It’s all a bit sad. 

I think but might be wrong the moaning is about the inept project management whereby the interim solution will add cost, cause shortcomings and needn’t have happened in the first place.

you’re welcome 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

I really don’t know why some of you lot don’t feck off to Albania to live. Nothing better to do than moan about the TT scoreboard ! It’s all a bit sad. 

So you agree with a historic TT icon being totally destroyed when there was no plan or budget in place to even replace it? Maybe we should do the grandstand next. Knock it down first and then find we don’t have the budget in place to build another as well? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

It looked that way to me the bits I saw, blokes in civvies putting out cones and barriers in the road, not a yellow hi viz in sight, really amateur. 

The odd road ahead closed sign would have been nice as well.

Like maybe one at Patrick given it was the last chance to turn off before the Round Table

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

So you agree with a historic TT icon being totally destroyed when there was no plan or budget in place to even replace it? Maybe we should do the grandstand next. Knock it down first and then find we don’t have the budget in place to build another as well? 

The thing was knackered and about to collapse. 

 

It had to come down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The aspects and major points of the required "stronger business case" will be interesting to read, if they're ever made public of course.

Creation of such numbers has always been a DfE forté. But let's see if anybody can better Laurence's efforts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

I thought the TT scoreboard was getting pride of place, the star exhibit at the Manx Museum new TT Gallery. Still come next year, the TT may be extinct.

Yes, sections of the scoreboard will be one of the exhibits in the new TT Gallery at the Manx Museum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

Yes, sections of the scoreboard will be one of the exhibits in the new TT Gallery at the Manx Museum.

So it’s been cut up into pieces. Perhaps it can be reconstructed again. Otherwise a new scoreboard will have to be made, and if there is no TT next year then it is a misuse of taxpayers funds. However, judging by IOMG record at anything which involves budgeting control on any project, low and high level, I anticipate this project to be of such great magnitude and magnificence, and being overbudget to boot. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 2112 said:

So it’s been cut up into pieces. Perhaps it can be reconstructed again. Otherwise a new scoreboard will have to be made, and if there is no TT next year then it is a misuse of taxpayers funds. However, judging by IOMG record at anything which involves budgeting control on any project, low and high level, I anticipate this project to be of such great magnitude and magnificence, and being overbudget to boot. 

I'm pretty sure they only kept a couple of bits. Someone will know i'm sure .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

The aspects and major points of the required "stronger business case" will be interesting to read, if they're ever made public of course.

Creation of such numbers has always been a DfE forté. But let's see if anybody can better Laurence's efforts.

I reckon they are good at business cases..... let's be honest, anyone that can sell a project at 3 million (tin shed Liverpool) as a sound business case, and then continue to convince it as such at 60 million, must be something of an expert at business cases surely ?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

It looked that way to me the bits I saw, blokes in civvies putting out cones and barriers in the road, not a yellow hi viz in sight, really amateur. 

I would have thought the quality of a man's work would be of greater importance than the colour of his clothing. 

Many of the worst cowboys I've ever met wear high viz like a uniform and have every industry and government accreditation going.

You shouldn't judge a book by its cover. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...