Rob Callister

La Colombe

11 hours ago, Itsmeee said:

And in English?

I see Rob has been bleating to Manx radio  about turning down the post office job , he really is a drama queen ,I don't know who he thinks he is, his previous performance in government DOI  and Motorsport DFE leave a lot to to be desired , he doesn't seem to have the attention span of a Gnat ,and shows poor judgement , 

the only way  for him to get out of this mess is to take a job and show 100% commitment , prove he is worthy of the office and to represent  the people of Onchan ,who invariably are  the ones loosing out , 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

Who'll be second choice at the Post Office . . . 

It’s a bit unfair of him to say he’s turned a role down because as you say it means whoever now gets it is a known second choice. It just sounds like sour grapes to me to say that publicly.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s a bit unfair of him to say he’s turned a role down because as you say it means whoever now gets it is a known second choice. It just sounds like sour grapes to me to say that publicly.

That and him running to Manx Radio moaning suggests to me Cannan made the correct decision.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, english zloty said:

That and him running to Manx Radio moaning suggests to me Cannan made the correct decision.

No, I didn’t speak to Manx Radio…..

I guess they got the story from Manx Forums or Facebook. 

I was asked a simple question, which I was happy to answer 

23 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’d like to think the Dr is there to largely sort out the cannabis licensing and get this industry off the ground like has happened in certain US states as it has the potential to makes us millions and it’s largely been a bit of a mess so far. He’s already said he supports medicinal cannabis and is happy for a public consultation on decriminalization. So he would actually be well qualified for the job. 

The decriminalization bit is going to bite him in the bum. I don't think the good doctor understands the Isle of Man too well. He is being seen more and more as a bit of a privileged lefty liberal and I don't see that sits well in the Isle of Man.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

he never really did anything of substance either but got his mush in the papers every week largely to do with populist things of no consequence either.

Well he did make the front page when he fell asleep in the pub one Boxing Day and the police were called because he get a bit grumbly when woken up. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Rob Callister said:

No, I didn’t speak to Manx Radio…..

I guess they got the story from Manx Forums or Facebook. 

I was asked a simple question, which I was happy to answer 

So, in answering the question you spoke to/with them!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

Maybe callister was 2nd choice and someone turned it down before hand but didn't make a big deal about it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2