Rob Callister

La Colombe

12 hours ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Do Manx Gas buy their gas from the MUA?.

No

11 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

The pipeline to the UK is the MUA's, the pipe network was built by the MUA and sold to Manx Gas (or we loaned them the money to build it). 

IoMG own and run the inter connector. From the main Scotland to Ireland pipe. And the pipe to the Power station. We have loaned money for MG connections to that and new infrastructure to connect The main conurbations ( Ramsey, Peel, Castletown and PE/PSM ) had their own local networks which weren’t connected to each other, or Douglas. Also to extend gas supply to places like Colby and Glen Vine/Crosby.

11 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

I think they have an operating lease over it and have to maintain it. I’m not sure we sold them it all. 

Neither

11 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

It wouldn't surprise me if we did but you may right about that. I can find little information on the internet about it.

It’s all there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

No

IoMG own and run the inter connector. From the main Scotland to Ireland pipe. And the pipe to the Power station. We have loaned money for MG connections to that and new infrastructure to connect The main conurbations ( Ramsey, Peel, Castletown and PE/PSM ) had their own local networks which weren’t connected to each other, or Douglas. Also to extend gas supply to places like Colby and Glen Vine/Crosby.

Neither

It’s all there.

Are you sure John? This Mua report states that they purchase has in advance and made 1.1 million selling to Manx gas.

Screenshot_20211020-095803.jpg

Screenshot_20211020-095957.jpg

• Like 1

I can well remember that during the gas protests of 3-odd years ago, one of the rarer quotes from MG justifying their pricing policy was the cost of their gas purchasing from the MUA? They appeared to be alluding to that cost being greater than that being faced by other (UK) suppliers.

55 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

That's not what the MUA say:

Our Services >

We supplied almost 11 million therms of Natural Gas to the local distributor (Manx Gas)

Or are you suggesting they give it to them for free? (Nothing would surprise me).

Agreed they buy wholesale natural gas and sell on to Manx Gas. They also act as intermediary for Manx Gas’ commodities hedging with the wholesale gas market on an execution only basis. Everything goes through the MUA who are intermediary for the IOMs internal natural gas supply as I understand it. 

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Like 2

I listened to the whole Tynwald debate regarding the Gas increase, I must say I listened to hear the maiden speeches and get an opinion on the speakers as much as interest in the debate which I did find informative, until Chris Thomas started waffling as per.   With an open mind I don’t think the Members had an option but to vote for the increase the Company in control initially wanted a lot more than was agreed on . I feel the press that the members of Tynwald are getting from the public is unfair and had they listened to the debate they would have got the whole picture.   They now have an independent adjudicater who works with the government and the parent company of Manx Gas.  What I don’t remember hearing, I may have missed it, is that the agreed price is not being reviewed until 6 months this I think is unacceptable, all I remember is that the Company promised to review the costs.   However I may have misheard and if anyone else was listening please correct me.

7 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I listened to the whole Tynwald debate regarding the Gas increase, I must say I listened to hear the maiden speeches and get an opinion on the speakers as much as interest in the debate which I did find informative, until Chris Thomas started waffling as per.   With an open mind I don’t think the Members had an option but to vote for the increase the Company in control initially wanted a lot more than was agreed on . I feel the press that the members of Tynwald are getting from the public is unfair and had they listened to the debate they would have got the whole picture.   They now have an independent adjudicater who works with the government and the parent company of Manx Gas.  What I don’t remember hearing, I may have missed it, is that the agreed price is not being reviewed until 6 months this I think is unacceptable, all I remember is that the Company promised to review the costs.   However I may have misheard and if anyone else was listening please correct me.

So how much were the greedy fuckers angling for then?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

With an open mind I don’t think the Members had an option but to vote for the increase the Company in control initially wanted a lot more than was agreed on . I feel the press that the members of Tynwald are getting from the public is unfair and had they listened to the debate they would have got the whole picture.  

Going bust by February is a bit of an empty threat by Manx Gas. The MUA supply them with wholesale gas anyway and can take over the pipeline contracts if the supplier fails financially. So nobody would be freezing to death. Manx Gas is yet another utilities company that failed to hedge its exposure in a volatile market. Commercially that’s a failure that is now being underwritten by the Manx consumer. There has been no deep dive into the group accounts either. Just an agreement that the Manx customer will pay more when the group supplies three islands - and a few quid in compensation paid to people who receive benefits. That’s probably easier than the MUA stepping into the breach if it went tits up. Which it still could do anyway. 

Edited by offshoremanxman

6 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

until Chris Thomas started waffling as per.

I would not say that everything he says is waffle. In fact, some things he says are well-reasoned and sensible. However, the nature of his voice and mental meanderings results in him being the most soporific politician I have heard for quite some time. If he had ever made the position, CM questions in Tynwald would have been punctuated not by supplementaries or shouts of "hear, hear" but by the sound of at least 23 people snoring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Going bust by February is a bit of an empty threat by Manx Gas. The MUA supply them with wholesale gas anyway and can take over the pipeline contracts if the supplier fails financially. So nobody would be freezing to death. Manx Gas is yet another utilities company that failed to hedge its exposure in a volatile market. Commercially that’s a failure that is now being underwritten by the Manx consumer. There has been no deep dive into the group accounts either. Just an agreement that the customer will pay more - and a few quid in compensation paid to people who receive benefits. That’s probably easier than the MUA stepping into the breach if it went tits up. Which it still could do anyway. 

Not just consumers all of us are now bankrolling the greedy bastard's!

• Like 2