Rob Callister

La Colombe

26 minutes ago, cissolt said:

How many mhks and civil servants have their noses in the trough in the VIP tent this year? 

Has he been mincing round like John Inman again with his sunglasses on his head and his belt swung low like he’s just come out of the toilets at Nobles Park?

31 minutes ago, cissolt said:

How many mhks and civil servants have their noses in the trough in the VIP tent this year? 

Similar numbers to the 2017 FOI request I would imagine

image.png.b129cbc365f36b8bd03d7f9b0fe25a1d.png

11 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Similar numbers to the 2017 FOI request I would imagine

image.png.b129cbc365f36b8bd03d7f9b0fe25a1d.png

Thanks.  I find it hard to believe that no government staff received free passes, my bridge friend saw quite a few in VIP who she knows from her time in government.  Hard to believe they paid for their passes.  

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

He is politically opportunistic, but he hasn’t got the nous or the killer instinct to make it, and that is probably why CM Cannan won’t make him a Minister.

It’s not even being politically opportunistic. This is the best job he has ever had looking at his online CV. He seems to have spent 25 years being largely unemployable and swapping jobs every few years and has now hit it big. It’s all pure showmanship about being some sort of proper person at last. But I believe the atmosphere at the grandstand that afternoon was very subdued. Even the average punter must have guessed that it was a fatality within the hour. As head of motorsport sitting over the event he must have been well aware that it was a literal bloodbath by the time he uploaded that picture. I’d suggest that serious questions should be asked about his suitability for even a non Ministerial post. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

Thanks.  I find it hard to believe that no government staff received free passes, my bridge friend saw quite a few in VIP who she knows from her time in government.  Hard to believe they paid for their passes.  

What's so hard? Not every government employee is swamped with freebies...

24 minutes ago, Bandits said:

He’s just been on BBC news trying to put a positive spin on this. He really is totally out of his depth. 

Hope he said more than he does here...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-61722041

Thousands of fans have arrived to be part of the event's return after a two-year hiatus, but the racing has also seen the deaths of three competitors.

Rob Callister MHK said while it was good to see visitors return, the event had its lows but "we get through them".

There will have been people drifting up to the Grandstand who had witnessed the crash. Can you imagine the UK culture minister at the Champions League Final posting a selfie with Michael Owen while the fans are getting teargassed outside.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Declan said:

There will have been people drifting up to the Grandstand who had witnessed the crash. Can you imagine the UK culture minister at the Champions League Final posting a selfie with Michael Owen while the fans are getting teargassed outside.

Not sure. It was largely bullshit he spoke stood next to Steve Hislop’s statue at Port Jack. I suppose at least Hislop didn’t die here so it was deemed an appropriate setting. 

51 minutes ago, Declan said:

Well yes I could as it’s Nadine 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The BBC report is about 17 minutes in here https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00184sc/north-west-tonight-evening-news-07062022

And how does Rob Callister start? "It has been a brilliant first week. We are just about to go into the second week of racing. So yeah long may it continue for the rest of the week". I appreciate that the full interview will be edited but as others have said it does seem particularly crass and tone deaf to go on TV and describe a week where 3 competitors have died as a brilliant week and to hope it continues.  

Edited by Lost Login
Spell check had computers rather than competitors
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

The BBC report is about 17 minutes in here https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00184sc/north-west-tonight-evening-news-07062022

And how does Rob Callister start? "It has been a brilliant first week. We are just about to go into the second week of racing. So yeah long may it continue for the rest of the week". I appreciate that the full interview will be edited but as others have said it does seem particularly crass and tone deaf to go on TV and describe a week where 3 computers have died as a brilliant week and to hope it continues.  

At least he didn't congratulate the parents.

2 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

And how does Rob Callister start? "It has been a brilliant first week. We are just about to go into the second week of racing. So yeah long may it continue for the rest of the week". I appreciate that the full interview will be edited but as others have said it does seem particularly crass and tone deaf to go on TV and describe a week where 3 computers have died as a brilliant week and to hope it continues.  

Just shocking, says a lot about him.