Jump to content

Rob Callister


La Colombe
 Share

Recommended Posts

I go to the Doctors in Village Walk and have today booked a non urgent appointment for next week.    I have never yet been refused an appointment on the same day when I have been in pain or had a serious concern, perhaps this is because of my age.   Last time I was in the doctors the notice strip was saying how many appointments had been missed in the last month….disgusting amount.    Some people just love to moan.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2022 at 9:48 AM, Jarndyce said:

On the one hand: that’s reassuring.

On the other hand: if the Minister can make so little difference to the health service, why bother having one?

NHS is now at arms length

with a bundle of senior managers to check Manx care are performing in relation to the contract.

millions a year paying DHSC new team to monitor !!!

All makes perfect sense until the report came out and showed Manx Care isn’t achieving and the DHSC haven’t done their monitoring and oversight at all

DHSC cost millions to produce fresh air even though Manx care now has ability to generate its own oxygen,  it’s time to make cabinet office responsible for Manx Care policy and compliance, so it loops directly through gov policy and expectations and save millions being wasted on Callisters tiny team. 
 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, cissolt said:

£50,000,000 loss for the Mea this year or £580 per head.  Is this the reason for the reshuffle?  Is a £50 million loss considered a success or failure by government?

I would think so. But he still has to provide the answers to Tynwald today, so should be a fun listen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rob Callister’s challenge is to utter as many words as possible to give the impression he is heading up DHSC, whilst being able to achieve nothing and accepting responsibility for nothing. He will be aided in this endeavour by a team of Civil Servants who will give him the words to say in the media and in Tynwald.

A secondary challenge will be to do this whilst having absolutely no expertise in his area of responsibility and having no leadership skills or experience. He will, however be required to be a willing nodding dog for CoMIN. His ego will keep him from accepting the futility of his appointment. 
 

This is Manx politics in 2022. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, cissolt said:

£50,000,000 loss for the Mea this year or £580 per head.  Is this the reason for the reshuffle?  Is a £50 million loss considered a success or failure by government?

Did the Board and the Chair Mr Callister have Tynwald approval for Manx Utilities Authority to absorb the cost of price increases.?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, cissolt said:

£50,000,000 loss for the Mea this year or £580 per head.  Is this the reason for the reshuffle?  Is a £50 million loss considered a success or failure by government?

Is it just £50M? He’s just fluffed an answer to Moorhouse at the end of this Tynwald session confirming that to March 2022 the loss was £20M predicted and from April 2022 to Sept 2022 the projected loss is £12M but then suggests that there might be other cash losses that aren’t included in the £50M. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, asitis said:

I spoke to someone today who has been to numerous meetings with Mr Callister, he described him as the least gifted person he has ever met, but with an unshakeable belief in his own ability.

 

So - he's not met Ashy then?

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

Is it just £50M? He’s just fluffed an answer to Moorhouse at the end of this Tynwald session confirming that to March 2022 the loss was £20M predicted and from April 2022 to Sept 2022 the projected loss is £12M but then suggests that there might be other cash losses that aren’t included in the £50M. 

£75 million was mentioned as the projected loss up to next spring.  The current loan might not even got us through to the end of the year

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

£1,00,000 per week loss as Chair of a Monopoly gets you a promotion- struggling to uncurl my toes @Rob Callister absolutely bewildering levels of incompetence - wow just fucking wow - @Stu Peters this is one of your colleagues any comment @Chris Thomasone of your colleagues any comment @Chris Robertshawno need for Paul Moulton 60 minute videos just put out a statement saying what we all know - baffling and sadly embarrassing for people who actually work to keep their households and lives on track. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

£1,00,000 per week loss as Chair of a Monopoly gets you a promotion- struggling to uncurl my toes @Rob Callister absolutely bewildering levels of incompetence - wow just fucking wow - @Stu Peters this is one of your colleagues any comment @Chris Thomasone of your colleagues any comment @Chris Robertshawno need for Paul Moulton 60 minute videos just put out a statement saying what we all know - baffling and sadly embarrassing for people who actually work to keep their households and lives on track. 

Except it isn’t £1m per week. It’s £50 million over 2 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Except it isn’t £1m per week. It’s £50 million over 2 years.

Some would say it was insolvent, if it needs sovereign funds because no institution will support it.

Mind you, how is that Barclays loan against Pulrose going?

Edited by NoTailT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...