Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
La Colombe

Rob Callister

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Donald Trumps said:

Mr Callister complained in the Tynwald chamber this morning about you lot targeting him on here

What was said? It’s hard to see what grounds exist to say that the public is not able to disagree with things an MHK says on social media or pick holes in many of the Swiss cheese like social media statements a politician chooses to make. Chris Thomas is just about the only a dignified social media user who gives as good as he gets usually. If people can’t take criticism they shouldn’t make statements that seem to be open to attract criticism as they seem to be perpetually clumsy or ill-advised. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

What was said? It’s hard to see what grounds exist to say that the public is not able to disagree with things an MHK says on social media or pick holes in many of the Swiss cheese like social media statements a politician chooses to make. Chris Thomas is just about the only a dignified social media user who gives as good as he gets usually. If people can’t take criticism they shouldn’t make statements that seem to be open to attract criticism as they seem to be perpetually clumsy or ill-advised. 

I give up commentating.  Got a right mouthful off him in another thread for something I didn’t even say. I think really it’s a topic that needs to be avoided at all costs otherwise it’s just too torturous in the end. 

Edited by MrPB
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

He probably thinks we're all the same person, which is a delusion often put out there by mediocre politicians who can't imagine more than one person out there thinking they're a dick.

Edited by Rushen Spy
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Mr Callister complained in the Tynwald chamber this morning about you lot targeting him on here

Was it actually "The People's Prince" or was it perhaps Teddy Smith who complained - I will need to check Hansard....

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Mr Callister complained in the Tynwald chamber this morning about you lot targeting him on here

Ah bless, I’m not worried though, my dad’s bigger than his dad...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

 Rob. If you really think that then you're an absolutely delusional narcissist.

I'd have thought that was obvious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Mr Callister complained in the Tynwald chamber this morning about you lot targeting him on here

You ain't diddly pat in Tynwad unless you have had a thread on ya on Manx Forums.

(and btw Juan is King in this respect)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rushen Spy said:

He probably thinks we're all the same person, which is a delusion often put out there by mediocre politicians who can't imagine more than one person out there thinking they're a dick.

It’s all getting to sound a bit like a political plot from Dune or Game of Thrones to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rushen Spy said:

He probably thinks we're all the same person, which is a delusion often put out there by mediocre politicians who can't imagine more than one person out there thinking they're a dick.

In all fairness you are most people, aren't you ?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First Geoff Cornish tried to get us banned now Rob Roy , we must be doing something right.   I just loved the picture of Corky in the tutu and tights......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was a politician I would never engage in Social Media it is political suicide.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

If I was a politician I would never engage in Social Media it is political suicide.

I don’t think it is really. Only if you have no sense of self-awareness and an inflated sense of self-importance to believe the public should in some way defer to your superior status and not point out the silly things you might do or say. As you said Corkish had that attitude and went for MF and where is he now? Richard Corkill had that attitude and went for MF and where is he now? Hooper chucks his toys out of the pram a lot on FB and Twitter and John Houghton was the same but he went for the mainstream media in general. I’m sure Juan Watterson doesn’t give a toss what anyone says. Neither does Chris Thomas appear to. I’m sure Quayle doesn’t give a shite either. There are lots of MHKs who just roll with a few of the punches on social media as that’s part of the engagement. It’s not one-way traffic where adoring fans have to blow smoke up their asses even if they post rubbish. If you expect it to be that way then your likely mentally impaired in some way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

If I was a politician I would never engage in Social Media it is political suicide.

The crop just lack any sense of reality or honesty IMHO.

But then again it is beaten out of them by the well-established system. Once they're voted in there, they need to be "shaped". Some have traits that already favour this. 

Our governance has become detached from reality and moulds our representatives to suit its own traditions and agenda. Wigs, gowns and "the club" take precedence. Climb the pole high enough and it's airmiles ahoy and an OBE too.

To what benefit of the populace of this Island?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

First Geoff Cornish tried to get us banned now Rob Roy , we must be doing something right.   I just loved the picture of Corky in the tutu and tights......

Oh go on then:

tutu.thumb.jpg.5eaaf530f3f7b43a743b855f023617ed.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...