Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
La Colombe

Rob Callister

17 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

It won't be in Hansard as this was broadcast by Manx Radio AM before the sitting had begun

It was just idle chit chat

Is it you who also secretly recorded Boris Johnson’s domestic? ;)

17 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

It won't be in Hansard as this was broadcast by Manx Radio AM before the sitting had begun

It was just idle chit chat

How do you know it is him then?

Posted (edited)

Like the time when the Manx Radio mics were left on in Tynwald. The Legislative Council, (Bishop, Corkish, the drunk fella) were having a go at Peter Karran, and down in the Keys Phil Gawne was saying words to the effect that the public should stfu about Douglas Promenade.

For idle chit chat it summed up the real Tynwald.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gettafa said:

Like the time when the Manx Radio mics were left on in Tynwald. The Legislative Council, (Bishop, Corkish, the drunk fella) were having a go at Peter Karran, and down in the Keys Phil Gawne was saying words to the effect that the public should stfu about Douglas Promenade.

For idle chit chat it summed up the real Tynwald.

Wasn't it, "do you take into account what the public want for the prom?"  "No no notice at all they're only input is to pay for it!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does Mr Callister have a history of fighting in phone boxes,as it is a strange thing to say.

I prefer the saying "if it wasn't for schhizophreia, I wouldn't have any friends at all".

I think he should take his own advice "if you don't like it, don't read it" and certainly don't respond to it.

On 6/22/2019 at 10:13 AM, thesultanofsheight said:

Is it you who also secretly recorded Boris Johnson’s domestic? ;)

I'd never record anyone, tho' I have seen it done

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

I'd never record anyone, tho' I have seen it done

Really? Where?

1 hour ago, Rushen Spy said:

Really? Where?

Police headquarters :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Bottles it again to get off the hook from making tough decisions. Apparently just being a member of government is a conflict of interest as it does so many things. How stupid does he think the electorate are? 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/callister-to-leave-tynwald-scrutiny-committee/

Edited by thesultanofsheight

What tough decisions is he dodging?

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

What tough decisions is he dodging?

Everything to do with the unmitigated cluster fuck on the prom. Apparently not even being a Minister conflicts you from having any oversight role in the unrelenting fuck ups caused by Tynwald empowering departments to do stuff. 

Just now, thesultanofsheight said:

Everything to do with the unmitigated cluster fuck on the prom. 

To be fair, I don’t think he’s dodging it at all, i think he is as pissed off as the rest of us. It would appear that untruths have been told relating to the construction/timings. I could be wrong

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

To be fair, I don’t think he’s dodging it at all, i think he is as pissed off as the rest of us. It would appear that untruths have been told relating to the construction/timings. I could be wrong

But he’s not conflicted. He isn’t even a minister. He’s a back bencher. How the fuck can a back bencher be conflicted just because government departments are doing stuff they’ve been empowered to do by COMIN/Tynwald? He’s just bricking it about getting it in the neck from hotels and shops over the prom so, once more, has tried to quickly exit himself from the situation before it blows up. That’s all. It would pretty much seem to be his default setting. Just like the DHSC. 

25 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

He’s just bricking it about getting it in the neck from hotels and shops over the prom so, once more, has tried to quickly exit himself from the situation before it blows up. That’s all. It would pretty much seem to be his default setting. Just like the DHSC. 

Always a risk responding to these comments as it always seems to blow up. But you do get the impression that if this was the end of the war Mr Callister would be the one who had spent the last 6 years in the women’s auxiliary balloon corp with a bandaged knee such is his apparent fear of getting involved in any conflict. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

But he’s not conflicted. He isn’t even a minister. He’s a back bencher. How the fuck can a back bencher be conflicted just because government departments are doing stuff they’ve been empowered to do by COMIN/Tynwald? He’s just bricking it about getting it in the neck from hotels and shops over the prom so, once more, has tried to quickly exit himself from the situation before it blows up. That’s all. It would pretty much seem to be his default setting. Just like the DHSC. 

To be fair he's raised this issue with Tynwald and pulled the DoI in last Friday for a grilling. He believes he's conflicted because he has delegated responsibility for tourism and now that the hoteliers are / may be getting compensation for losses he is perceiving this as a conflict. Which would be the second enquiry that he is conflicted for because Marlene Maska (Hendy) replaced him for the harbours one.

It just goes to highlight again that people who sit on scrutiny committees shouldn't be in Government. This problem is only going to get worse if departments start to work closer together.

20190723_215436.jpg

Edited by Ham_N_Eggs
ETA screenshot pinched from FB