Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
La Colombe

Rob Callister

You are lucky, everyone I know puts their entire holiday on line, it is just like the old days when you popped in for a chat and had to see all the holiday photos then came the video era at least you can skip over the Facebook ones you are not trapped in someone's front room getting each one shown to you, it is an improvement.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

I know very few people who would go into the detail he has about his holiday. Fewer still who would post it online. 

Did he have any cheese on toast?

• Haha 1

Typical clown that has nothing to offer.Bigging up the fact that he is a big earner and I have found that the less hair you have the more bullshit you speak..

14 minutes ago, SJR said:

Typical clown that has nothing to offer.Bigging up the fact that he is a big earner and I have found that the less hair you have the more bullshit you speak..

well said baldy

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

Do you never talk about your holidays? Post your opinion on-line?

Are you serious? What if I did? I’m a normal, invisible member of the public. I can post as much shit as I like without scrutiny. 

He’s an MHK, a representative of the people at an international level (god help us) and with that comes social responsibility and a degree of professional judgement that one would hope would include not confusing his personal business with his public duties. Can’t you see the difference? Christ. ☹️

Edited by ecobob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

....but shouldn't MHKs be open to scrutiny?

Seems to me that if he donated one of his kidneys to your dying Grandmother, you still would find something wrong with that!

Don't read his blog.

• Thanks 1

Woah. You’ve got me totally wrong. This is not personal, not to me anyway. If you can’t see the fundamental issue here despite the ongoing evidence then it’s pointless debating the subject with you. 

10 hours ago, finlo said:

Yes!

Is he posting on his own page or his mhk or social media outlet. He quite obviously tries to convince people he is useful and superior, reality is he will be unemployed and unemployable In less than 2 years like he was before he became a mhk.    He isn’t a minister and his take home pay is about the same as a junior to middle manager hardly indicative of an achieving middle aged man, like he likes to think he is.   I have yet to hear a single worth sound or word come from this guy apart from when he runs from reality of his job and resigns every other week.   Sick of hearing the guys shite.  He thinks the public are idiots, strangely he never answers a direct question when asked. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SJR said:

Bigging up the fact that he is a big earner

Well that was sort of my initial reaction too. Its like rubbing your good fortune into the faces of the people who gave you that good fortune. I really couldn’t believe what I was reading. Boasting about the fact that you’re swanning around places like Alaska when many of his constituents probably can’t afford to pay their gas bill. It’s just mental. What is the purpose of that blog thing as there’s nothing actually about politics or his views on anything in it? 

Edited by Grounds Keeper Willy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kopek said:

....but shouldn't MHKs be open to scrutiny?

Seems to me that if he donated one of his kidneys to your dying Grandmother, you still would find something wrong with that!

if he helped delay my inheritance i'd probably be a bit miffed myself too.

9 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

He thinks the public are idiots...

A significant number of them are.

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

The guy is sticking up some holiday snaps. Can't believe people are upset about that. 

Actually it isn’t. I had a look when I read this thread and it’s actually about 2,000 words solely about his fucking holiday with pictures. It’s hard to see what interest or value it confers to anyone interested in local politics other than giving the appearance of some big headed twat having a really great time on his tax payer funded salary. You do wonder what goes through his head (if anything) 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Actually it isn’t. I had a look when I read this thread and it’s actually about 2,000 words solely about his fucking holiday with pictures. It’s hard to see what interest or value it confers to anyone interested in local politics other than giving the appearance of some big headed twat having a really great time on his tax payer funded salary. You do wonder what goes through his head (if anything) 

He's his own worst enemy isn't he?[1]  In his last week's blog entry, he said:

However, I am a little apprehensive about sharing details of our holiday, especially when I know some people are unable to take holidays this year for various reasons.

I guess this is one of the issues when you choose to post a weekly blog, but hopefully no one will object, and I am happy to share a few pictures on my personal facebook page shortly.

Which was followed by reams of 'What I did on my holidays' type writing which makes him sound like a particularly needy nine-year-old.  And even more in this week's entry.

There's just no need for it.  A simple statement as to the dates of his holiday, plus who constituents could contact in an emergency would be enough.  Maybe a few reflections on what he saw on his return prompted by what he saw that related to how other places handle certain things.  But the rest is stuff that only your nearest and dearest will be interested in and could be kept for private Facebook accounts or similar.

[1]  Cries of "Not while I'm alive, he ain't" from several MF regulars.  You know who you are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

He's his own worst enemy isn't he?[1]  In his last week's blog entry, he said:

Which was followed by reams of 'What I did on my holidays' type writing which makes him sound like a particularly needy nine-year-old.  And even more in this week's entry.

I’d say that in times of austerity for many with some of his constituents perhaps likely to be using the food bank to feed their kids this summer it could look to many like being more than just being your own your worst enemy. It gives the appearance of having absolutely no ability to self analyze or have any form of common sense or empathy whatsoever. We all know MHKs go on holiday. But as you say nobody needs to read the excited 2,000 plus word diary of Adrian Mole aged 50 advertising all the fantastic things he’s doing while others less fortunate are stuck at home paying taxes which contribute to his salary. Can you imagine Howard Quayle or Alf Cannan being daft enough to post about the expensive resorts they’ve been to this year in Facebook announcements to their constituents? They'd get totally slated for being rich and elitist (not least by James Corrin on his Facebook Group) and rightly so. It’s immensely poor judgement on display and that’s about it. I’m not surprised some people have commented negatively at all. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1