Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
ans

PrePaid Debit Card

I'm looking for a pre pay debit card to use on island.

https://www.money.co.uk/prepaid-cards.htm

Looking down this list they all seem to require permanent UK residency. I've not got the time to go through all of their terms and conditions to see if they also include the Island in a broad definition so thought I'd ask if anyone has any experience of getting one over here.

Ideally looking for one with free reloading, no transactional cut and minimal (or free!) atm withdrawal.

https://www.revolut.com/im/pricing

Free tier gives wholesale (mostly) F/X up to £5k per month, free reloading via normal (non-commercial) debit card instantly or BACS, £200 per month ATM limit, hold balances in numerous currencies, virtual card numbers (if that is a requirement).

£8pm gives you disposable card numbers, unlimited F/X and £400 ATM and insurance add-ons.

I got one with an IoM address.  Website says EEA and Switzerland which wouldn't include us but, as I say, I've got one with no issues.

ETA: Use case for me is predominantly cheap F/X and limited cash withdrawal when travelling.  Don't use it on-island much.

Edited by Bobbie Bobster

Looks perfect, signed up. Thanks. 

• Thanks 1

A neighbour has something called “Revolute” - she swears by it; no trouble acquiring it, used it IOM/UK/US/France so far.

The Revolut website says "we don't believe in branches".  So is there any way of topping up a Revolut card using cash?

Only indirectly. Lodge to your dinobank account and then transfer to Revolut.

Or give your mate some cash and have him do a transfer to you.

I guess that's one way they keep overheads down by not doing any cash processing.