road safety strategy?

doc.fixit

18 hours ago, Kopek said:

If that confuses you, are you sure you are competent to be driving?

If the exit from a roundabout, such as Qbridge to Peel Rd is blocked, it is courtesy to allow the other traffic to flow.

The exit from the roundabout was not blocked...otherwise I would have a) mentioned it and b) agreed that in that circumstance to wait until the exit was clear would be sensible. This driver just decided to stop because they didn't know how to use a roundabout.

Usual suspects on here trying to argue that someone who gives way to the left on a roundabout is somehow not in the wrong...hilarious. And as for saying its just down to basic manners...PMSL...Imagine the fun to be had at roundabouts if all the drivers are leaning out of the window saying 'after you old bean'...'no I must insist,..ladies first' etc etc. You silly twat Dilli...the rules for these kind of traffic manoeuvres are there for a reason, it has absolutely nothing to do with manners.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sausage said:

The exit from the roundabout was not blocked...otherwise I would have a) mentioned it and b) agreed that in that circumstance to wait until the exit was clear would be sensible. This driver just decided to stop because they didn't know how to use a roundabout.

Usual suspects on here trying to argue that someone who gives way to the left on a roundabout is somehow not in the wrong...hilarious. And as for saying its just down to basic manners...PMSL...Imagine the fun to be had at roundabouts if all the drivers are leaning out of the window saying 'after you old bean'...'no I must insist,..ladies first' etc etc. You silly twat Dilli...the rules for these kind of traffic manoeuvres are there for a reason, it has absolutely nothing to do with manners.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The standard of driving on the island is absolutely terrible. Only yesterday I watched somebody park his car just off Bucks Rd. He then set his disc to the time of arrival and put it on his dashboard in a place where it could be observed by somebody on the pavement. However, yesterday was Saturday, and the disc zone only operates from Monday to Friday inclusive! He shouldn't be allowed on the road.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

The standard of driving on the island is absolutely terrible. Only yesterday I watched somebody park his car just off Bucks Rd. He then set his disc to the time of arrival and put it on his dashboard in a place where it could be observed by somebody on the pavement. However, yesterday was Saturday, and the disc zone only operates from Monday to Friday inclusive! He shouldn't be allowed on the road.

I agree. A society that respected the purpose of parking discs/zones would ensure that he was tracked down, roped to a Range Rover tow bar and dragged along Douglas promenade. The appalling road surface would teach him a lesson. We should be thankful to have such diligent citizens as you to observe and highlight these infractions.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, La Colombe said:

I neither observed nor highlighted an infraction. 

Technically you’re correct but this motorist’s inattention and failure to have due regard to the parameters of the disc parking regulation deserves both censure and punishment. As you yourself observed “absolutely terrible”. Those of us who are paragons of the disc parking regime can reasonably expect this fool to be subject to a robust penalty. 

• Haha 1

On 9/27/2018 at 9:22 PM, doc.fixit said:

Just read on, 'Tweetbeat'.......... A comprehensive road safety strategy has been presented to Dept. of home affairs, next step, council of ministers............Any aware of this or what the details are?..........

has this "strategy" been put together by the same person that tweeted during the tt........

#justasking