Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
thesultanofsheight

Code red or code brown?

Sounds like Ashford is bricking it to me. I assume they are aware of what the purpose of a risk register is? Just because items have been flagged doesn’t mean that they have to be dealt with ASAP but that they need to be monitored and managed and changes planned for. The more you read on this there seems to be only two possible objectives here 1. To try to get Treasury to accept that it isn't the spend that’s the problem it’s the inadequate budget they are expected to work to, or 2. That this is just pushing a privatization agenda as Treasury wants to reduce costs to allocate spend elsewhere in government. 

As usual we seem to still be prioritizing paying government salaries and making pension payments to ex government workers over day to day service provision of vital and much needed services to Manx taxpayers. Without an effective health service there is no point in any of us living here. Spend here should be prioritized over just about every other item of spend by Treasury. 

09FEA399-36A7-486A-B49C-A352BE99043A.jpeg

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1

Correct SoS, a succession of ministers and quite possibly the same faceless civil servants handing up advice. Self preservation and hidden agendas spring to mind here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Correct SoS, a succession of ministers and quite possibly the same faceless civil servants handing up advice. Self preservation and hidden agendas spring to mind here.

And this is part of what I believe is a burgeoning turf war/head to head between DHSC and the purse-string holders in Treasury (as is DHSCs apparent move to a new strategy before the Treasury inspired Michaels report emerges). Mind you, IOM “Newspapers” clearly don’t understand (or have chosen to ignore) what a risk register is too.

The best piece of advice i ever received whilst growing up in the projects was never take the bus to a drive by shooting. I'd like to pass on this advice to mr. ashford as i feel he may need it the most. 

You wouldn't want to leave your children with any of this lot, especially the one in the bottom right corner.

09FEA399-36A7-486A-B49C-A352BE99043A.thumb.jpeg.9e9967d14c30b5a5806454af88cce713.jpeg

Didn't ET reduce DHSC budget by @ £10M in one budget? And the following year they were £10M "overspent"?

So....they're either underfunded? Or they can't cut their coat according to their cloth? If they've even tried. Maybe too many "sacred" areas. Particularly at the top end?

19 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Didn't ET reduce DHSC budget by @ £10M in one budget? And the following year they were £10M "overspent"?

So....they're either underfunded? Or they can't cut their coat according to their cloth? If they've even tried. Maybe too many "sacred" areas. Particularly at the top end?

You don't need me to remind you of the amount of "management" up at the hospital

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

You don't need me to remind you of the amount of "management" up at the hospital

Just go through Tromode at 4:30 to 5:00 to see the legions of drones leaving their desk jobs. The road is log-jammed for ages every day of the week as hundreds and hundreds of pen pushers head home. That said there seems to be a deliberate strategy by Treasury of attacking the DHSC when there would seem to be better candidates elsewhere in IOMG for budget constraint. The DOI being one for a start as a department that contributes largely fuck all to anything. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Just go through Tromode at 4:30 to 5:00 to see the legions of drones leaving their desk jobs. The road is log-jammed for ages every day of the week as hundreds and hundreds of pen pushers head home. That said there seems to be a deliberate strategy by Treasury of attacking the DHSC when there would seem to be better candidates elsewhere in IOMG for budget constraint. The DOI being one for a start as a department that contributes largely fuck all to anything. 

I would argue SoH that the DoI contribute largely to the fuel/motor industry. The amount of road works they start all at the same time is magnificent in its stupidity

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Neil Down said:

I would argue SoH that the DoI contribute largely to the fuel/motor industry. The amount of road works they start all at the same time is magnificent in its stupidity

What the fuck is that? ask your carer to give that an edit then resubmit.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Why did you then?

1 minute ago, yootalkin2me said:

Why did you then?

Don’t join the halfwits...

• Thanks 1

And now private medical services at Noble's to be suspended....(Ashford, iomtoday)