Surprise surprise !

13 hours ago, Nellie said:

According to Boot, there are 400 eligible 'farmers' so we are talking an average anticipated payment of £3,000 each. Although its aimed to stop farmers flogging off stock because the price of feed is high, farmers who don't have animals will also be eligible. How does that work?

400 farmers...so that means all of them, plus a few pretend farmers - i.e. landowners that are currently "helping their land return back to organic status" (in other words, they just own land and not shat all with it).

What happened when I had a really bad year and was out of work? Oh yea, I got £57 a week to feed a family of 4 with. What happened to my brother when orders dried up after the crash in 2008 and he had to re-mortgage his house? Oh yea - nothing. He worked his arse off to pull it back from the brink.

I've yet to meet a poor farmer, so if you know any, please let me know.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

400 farmers...so that means all of them, plus a few pretend farmers - i.e. landowners that are currently "helping their land return back to organic status" (in other words, they just own land and not

I have nothing against farmers, far from it, but as front line services become starved of cash, the ridiculous scheme rushed through by that muppet Gawne should surely be revisited. Farm subsidies wer

Nooooo, dont agree at all with this hand out, survival of the fittest ( like the fishing industry or in fact any industry if you can’t make it pay you go bust ) what about all the good years when they

On 10/5/2018 at 6:28 AM, asitis said:

...........  and all the time Government keep the grant system secret whilst giving money which is not theirs away !

I hasten to add I have great respect for the farmers producing food and we should support that sector however the gravy slurpers in the ridiculous Gawne inspired system are another matter.

If the need for these subsidies is so real why is the system not transparent ?

Mentioned previously, what food do they produce for the IOM benefit, except spuds.  They are no nearer the iom food cycle than I am. 

This is just another farmer benefit.  A freebie. 

It rains they get a handout. It snows they get a handout. It’s sunny they get a handout.

It’s called weather, part of the farming job. 

This and the baby boomers generation boils my piss. A baby boomer farmer needs shooting, no questions. 

Edited by Gizo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Did I hear on the radio this afternoon this went through on the nod !!!  I don't often swear but what a fucking surprise, you can't get a hospital appointment the cost of living is going through the roof, but these fuckers can vote through anything to look after their mates a fucking disgrace ....   sorry !!

Going to have scotch !

Edited by asitis
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I saw that. Not a reported squeak of questioning or opposition. Nothing about means testing or any sort of claim validity. Hold out the hand, whine and thy shall receive. With "years of recovery" presumably still to be claimed for.

Just further shows who this place is run for the benefit of. Wonder if Howie's getting any?

• Like 5

They always help their mates.

Howard the farmer bails out farmers

Robertshaw the hotelier bails out hoteliers

Will Skelly the trinket and tat seller bail out fellow tat sellers when the trinket market fails ? 

Will Rob Callister bail out Mark Zuckerberg when Facebook fails?

Will Count Ashford call for donations once he has drank the Blood Clinic dry......?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
10 minutes ago, pongo said:

Of course I'm not trying to distract attention what is probably a terribly important conspiracy theory.

No conspiracy theory at all, its all out in the open, just give taxpayers money away at a rate of nearly now ten million this year to a sector which is worth eff all of GDP but more importantly the production of food does not seem a qualifier ! I mow my lawns but no one gives me eff all !!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:52 AM, Manx Bean said:

400 farmers...so that means all of them, plus a few pretend farmers - i.e. landowners that are currently "helping their land return back to organic status" (in other words, they just own land and not shat all with it).

What happened when I had a really bad year and was out of work? Oh yea, I got £57 a week to feed a family of 4 with. What happened to my brother when orders dried up after the crash in 2008 and he had to re-mortgage his house? Oh yea - nothing. He worked his arse off to pull it back from the brink.

I've yet to meet a poor farmer, so if you know any, please let me know.

Yes, poor farmers. They had a "Tractor fest" the other week, I was "lucky" enough to be caught up in it through Baldwin. There must of been Millions of pounds worth of tractors there. Quick google of a couple of them when we got home. £100000.00 is not uncommon for one. I wonder if they get them on the never never (TAX payer funded grant system) too? 

• Like 2

I have nothing against farmers, far from it, but as front line services become starved of cash, the ridiculous scheme rushed through by that muppet Gawne should surely be revisited. Farm subsidies were introduced Europe wide as a tool to level the playing fields and control pricing of crops, they were not introduced simply to hand free cash to landowners. Countryside Care Scheme what a nonsense, if those not producing anything wish to leave their land back to wild so much the better, wildlife will thrive, those producing food who need assistance fair enough ! The paucity of any opposition in the house shines clearly through this scheme !

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1