The Cosy Nook Cafe Port Erin

paswt

Am I alone in wondering what will happen to this gem of a place given that the Commissioners have instructed 'consultants to investigate the viability of the building with a view to repairing/ refurbishing  or DEMOLITION & REBUILD !!

Sadly it'll be the last time I'll be enjoying my Sunday breakfast there with Phil and Sue in charge as their lease has not been renewed an the close for the season next week.

17 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

a rebuild won't be a bad idea providing the current people are put back in. I don't go that often but they treat everybody as though they are reglars

S'pose it depends on what the rebuild looks like , if "as is" I wouldn't be bothered .

Heard rumours that something a bit "high tec" ( like at the Sound?) for the 'high end fine dining  clientele' would replace it.:angry:

18 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

I went there for breakfast on a Sunday morning once. There was some old nutter in there in a leather jacket swearing like a trooper and gobbing on the floor. Never again. 

Strange, in one of your former incarnations on this site weren't you an enthusiastic biker with , if memory serves  "balls of steel"?:lol:

2 minutes ago, woody2 said:

but they thankfully don't let you out anymore.......

1 hour ago, La Colombe said:

I went there for breakfast on a Sunday morning once. There was some old nutter in there in a leather jacket swearing like a trooper and gobbing on the floor. Never again. 

That was your dad...

4 hours ago, La Colombe said:

There was some old nutter in there in a leather jacket swearing like a trooper and gobbing on the floor.

That’s no way to speak of the Lieutenant Governor.