The Cosy Nook Cafe Port Erin

28 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Where do you live banker?

Kirk Michael gets glorious sunsets and has a huge sandy beach, as well as having the advantage of not being anywhere near Douglas. I wouldn't have a problem living there.

All true. It does also have at times a very closed and extremely conservative, if not insular, society that frequently gives the impression of not welcoming outsiders or any type of change, look at the shenanigans in the recent past years over the KM Courthouse whose appearance is testimony to that. I'm personally amazed that the proposed DOI "improvements" to the main road haven't been met with more protest. But each to their own.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are there any other shitholes we can look to get registered just for a laugh?

Well the Cosy Nook has officially been added to the protected buildings register so a shitty derelict cottage partially obscured by a cheaply constructed serving hatch and a toilet block will be here

It has no value due to its state. Site value only. It’s no longer fit for purpose as catering premises. However it’ll increase the cost of any work required and make planning/registered building conse

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Does anyone think that if the plans for it's replacement weren't so over the top and were instead more along the lines of knock it down and build a new place on a similar footprint doing a similar thing that this would have been listed?

Wasn't that the plan ?

Imagine all this heavy wagons and bulldozers and building material merchants trying to get down that narrow lane for a drop and rebuild ? 

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Where do you live banker?

Kirk Michael gets glorious sunsets and has a huge sandy beach, as well as having the advantage of not being anywhere near Douglas. I wouldn't have a problem living there.

the best thing about kirkmichael is no public sector housing  so the scrote count is down, not that all public sector houses have scrotes living in them, but they are the breeding ground.

50 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

That's because you're biased. ;)

Or just very intelligent & also pretty?

11 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

the best thing about kirkmichael is no public sector housing  so the scrote count is down, not that all public sector houses have scrotes living in them, but they are the breeding ground.

What a fucking shit and disgusting attitude. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

bloody hell

hope you never get a run of bad luck and need some help in your life

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

bloody hell

hope you never get a run of bad luck and need some help in your life

I think you do hope... :D

• Haha 1
Just now, GD4ELI said:

I think you do hope... :D

I try not to wish ill will upon people, I doubt it would change their viewpoint sadly

2 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

I try not to wish ill will upon people, I doubt it would change their viewpoint sadly

fair point. As an aside, some cracking commissioners houses in Ramsey.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

fair point. As an aside, some cracking commissioners houses in Ramsey.

Don't encourage Pip, he'll be along to tell us how Ramsey is full to the gunwhales with scrotes and ne'erdowells and it'll upset me :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Apple said:

Wasn't that the plan ?

Imagine all this heavy wagons and bulldozers and building material merchants trying to get down that narrow lane for a drop and rebuild ? 

No, the plan was for a drop and build something 5000 times bigger.

That's what my question was, if the plans had been just for a drop and rebuild would it have been listed? Or even suggested to have been listed? Doesn't it make a mockery of the list if so?

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

All true. It does also have at times a very closed and extremely conservative, if not insular, society that frequently gives the impression of not welcoming outsiders or any type of change, look at the shenanigans in the recent past years over the KM Courthouse whose appearance is testimony to that. I'm personally amazed that the proposed DOI "improvements" to the main road haven't been met with more protest. But each to their own.

Michael Opposes Virtually Everything?

1 minute ago, Rhumsaa said:

Michael Opposes Virtually Everything?

😂  Yes, there was a reason why somebody came up with that quip....