The Cosy Nook Cafe Port Erin

paswt

2 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

That'll go down well

Well it certainly does with me. It was the act of imbeciles to register the heap of irredeemable crap in the first place. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Don’t think beach huts are Foraging Vintners 

They are not, you are quite correct 

That foraging vinters beach bar is mental pricey and they don't sell mojitos. 

Knock it down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Just saw on FB that the commissioners have applied to get the building de-registered.

I would quite happily have a total brake failure on an "out of control"  HGV that demolished the pile of crap if the commissioners paid for the new bumper on the truck.... It wont take much to knock that pile of rubble down, i would not expect much damage to my wagon................

2 hours ago, AlanShimmin said:

Tear it down now. Sometimes it's easier to seek forgiveness from the planning department than get permission. 

my thoughts as well. ,  do it on a sunday when peter kelly is at church. a couple of 360's will have that as a pile of rubble in  a couple of hours.

Edited by WTF
  • Like 1

Since when has it been a building of note?  It is old, certainly, but it only seems to have gained cultural significance recently.  Rebuild with something that appears similar but works in that environment and is designed for a purpose. 

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Since when has it been a building of note?  It is old, certainly, but it only seems to have gained cultural significance recently.  Rebuild with something that appears similar but works in that environment and is designed for a purpose. 

Perhaps it's become noteworthy over the level of politics surrounding it?

It may become a cultural icon in years to come; "People fought over this building and contested its future"....

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I think therein lies the problem. If they had done that rather than designing a completely out of place monstrosity then there would have been few if any objections. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Exactly. And whereas I’m sure your question was rhetorical, I’ll answer it anyway; it has never been, nor ever will be, a building of note. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

If anyone can explain why it need saving I would be happy to listen.

it’s a falling down building of no significant architectural or historical interest - unless I am missing something?

It’s worth saving if only to prevent that proposed monstrosity being built in its place.

• Like 1

Just now, Gladys said:

Didn't the monstrosity get refused planning permission? 

I don’t know but sure as eggs is eggs there would be another monstrosity that may be approved.

I am not normally one for clinging to the old for the sake of it but it is a beautiful building and in character with the town of Port Erin and something with similar charm should replace it.