Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
hissingsid

Daft Daphne is at it again

I'd happily trade Daffy Caine for genuine asylum seeker Asia Bibi, a Christian lady from Pakistan who spent eight years on death row for unfounded blasphemy charges and who remains in hiding to this day because her life is at critical risk from Islamic extremists. The UK Foreign Office has rejected her request for asylum for no apparent reason other than that it would offend Muslims.

“This is shocking. Britain has historically had a quick response to come to the aid of those suffering human rights abuses,” said Wilson Chowdhry, Chairman of the British Pakistani Christian Association. “But a Christian mother of five who has been exonerated has not been offered asylum.”

Unrest began last month after Pakistan’s Supreme Court overturned the charges and acquitted the 53-year-old farmworker. Immediately, protestors flooded the streets led by leaders of extremist Islamist parties, who had long been screaming for Bibi to be taken to the gallows.

It is such a cowardly and pathetic decision by the British Government. This just adds a final nail in the coffin confirming that the British are now a laughing stock to the rest of the world. My advice to Asia Bibi's family would be to seek asylum from a respected country like Russia.

• Like 1

Whilst agreeing with a lot of what you've posted, the focus should also sharpen on the scurrilous and cowardly Imran Khan and the culture that allowed it to happen. Giving in to the threats of raving extremists, an'that...

Edited by quilp
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, quilp said:

Whilst agreeing with a lot of what you've posted, the focus should also sharpen on the scurrilous and cowardly Imran Khan and the culture that allowed it to happen. Giving in to the threats of raving extremists, an'that...

It's hard to believe William Wallace was hanged, drawn and quartered in that city. If only the British leadership today was like it was back in King Edward I's day. Not only would Imran Khan never have been mayor, he would have been flogged out of the city and deported from the country. An utterly vile, disgusting low life.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rushen Spy said:

This just adds a final nail in the coffin confirming that the British are now a laughing stock to the rest of the world.

We became the laughing stock of the world when we voted "Leave" but we were then "Trumped" by the US of A.

The Home Secretary - ""A number of countries are in discussions about providing a safe destination once the legal process is complete, and it would not be right for me to comment further at this stage."

Where does the "The UK Foreign Office has rejected her request for asylum" come from?

56 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

It's hard to believe William Wallace was hanged, drawn and quartered in that city. If only the British leadership today was like it was back in King Edward I's day. Not only would Imran Khan never have been mayor, he would have been flogged out of the city and deported from the country. An utterly vile, disgusting low life.

Only six posts in and I have no Idea if you are being serious or not.

59 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I think you are getting mixed up with Sadiq Khan, ex cricketer Imran is the premier of Pakistan.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

I think you are getting mixed up with Sadiq Khan, ex cricketer Imran is the premier of Pakistan.

Proving you Khan win ‘em all.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

A marvellous strike bowler though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Max Power said:

Either one will do.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

What Sadiq Khan, I thought he was just a bit part actor in Citizen Khan

32 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

This Khan guy sounds like a bit of a superman to me!

He is, to fundamentalists everywhere. He recently questioned the existence of jesus, saying that while the existence of mohammed is well-documented the same cannot be said for jesus. The baying mob of hard-line islamists were delighted, of course.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/pakistani-pm-west-using-muslim-anger-over-blasphemy-to-spread-propaganda/

Edited by quilp

8 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Who, William Wallace?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, quilp said:

He is, to fundamentalists everywhere. He recently questioned the existence of jesus, saying that while the existence of mohammed is well-documented the same cannot be said for jesus. The baying mob were delighted, of course.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/pakistani-pm-west-using-muslim-anger-over-blasphemy-to-spread-propaganda/

As we all know Jesus is mentioned over 200 times in the Quran and is regarded as a significant prophet and figure, as is Mary.

As you say some of the Muslims (the baying mob) are as ignorant of the Quran as some Christians are of the New Testament.

15 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Who, William Wallace?

Yes. Took every wicket against (the Earl of) Surrey at Stirling Bridge in 1297.

• Haha 2