Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
hissingsid

Daft Daphne is at it again

12 minutes ago, forestboy said:

BBC give unbiased accounts???  What about Brexit?

He said what's happening on the island not in general.

13 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I agree with you about Brexit the BBC is biased in the extreme.

Yes, they give far too much time to little Lord Fauntleroy and the Posh Brainless Boys

• Like 1

14 hours ago, John Wright said:

Yes, they give far too much time to little Lord Fauntleroy and the Posh Brainless Boys

It's called positive discrimination... 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Rubbish they are left wing verging on communists.

You have got to be joking. 

It depends from where you are looking. I see the BBC as being left wing liberals. Or at least the BBC 'message'. The employees are generally greed driven right-wingers but happy to take the shilling to go on message.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, asitis said:

She sounds absolutely bonkers. Which is about right for appearing on Newsnight recently. The standard of that show as well as Question Time seems to have fallen through the floor the past few years.

• Like 4

On 11/28/2018 at 11:36 PM, quilp said:

In some of those photos he looks like he's just sat on something wet. 

pXuNK9K2_400x400.jpg

Presumably his Environment Minister.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lxxx said:

She sounds absolutely bonkers. Which is about right for appearing on Newsnight recently. The standard of that show as well as Question Time seems to have fallen through the floor the past few years.

And you can add Panorama to the list of once great current affairs programmes that’s now a train wreck.

• Like 3

A long and somewhat rambling letter in one of the local rags, which will cost you 10p more next week, about how wonderful kind and compassionate Daphne is.   I doubt the goats and wallabies are members of that particular appreciation society.   The hilarious thing was quoting the Bishop and the prayers he gives about the poor etc before the commencement of Tynwald each session.  The first thing Daphne did before she had taken her coat off when she started her term of office was to propose a motion to get these prayers banned, it did not succeed, but how two faced now to use them to try and harvest support.   Before anyone says she did not write this letter herself I agree but I bet she knows who did.   Hypocrisy and grandstanding.

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

A long and somewhat rambling letter in one of the local rags, which will cost you 10p more next week, about how wonderful kind and compassionate Daphne is.   I doubt the goats and wallabies are members of that particular appreciation society.   The hilarious thing was quoting the Bishop and the prayers he gives about the poor etc before the commencement of Tynwald each session.  The first thing Daphne did before she had taken her coat off when she started her term of office was to propose a motion to get these prayers banned, it did not succeed, but how two faced now to use them to try and harvest support.   Before anyone says she did not write this letter herself I agree but I bet she knows who did.   Hypocrisy and grandstanding.

Yes she is making rather a name for herself. I don’t think she’ll last long, thankfully. There is a large useful idiot market across for people like this, I don’t think there’s that many who would re-elect her now they know she’s in it for herself. 

Edited by Lxxx
  • Thanks 1

Just read this in the local rag http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=44211&headline=Opinion: It's true - we get the politicians we deserve&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2018

Looks like we also get the journalists we don’t deserve.  Who writes this crap ?  The newspaper should do its best to stay neutral as the only rag in town. They are as out of touch as some of our politicians !

• Thanks 1