Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
hissingsid

Daft Daphne is at it again

Recommended Posts

isn't it the world bank that disputes iomg figures???????????????????????????????????????????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better get Chris Thomas to add this to his list of imminent achievements

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I wonder how much the year of 2018 or whatever it was called cost ?

 

And what did we gain from it?  Sod all i'd wager!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I wonder how much the year of 2018 or whatever it was called cost ?

 

It was “The Year of Our Island”. 2019 is scheduled to be “The Year of Our Increasing Outrage at Pointless Government Improvidence” and 2020 will be “The Year of Our Shuddering Financial Collapse”.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes we can be so cynical as to wish ourselves into a hard and dark place.

 

Guilty.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why people here fall into cynicism. The Year of our Island was a resounding success and significantly raised the global profile and reputation of the Isle of Man with a series of innovative and well-received events. Chris Thomas will be able to prove this with an exciting presentation, including an array of tables and statistics, shortly.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Year of Our Island just put a whole load of work listing all the clubs, societies and things to do on a rainy day in the IOM, yet not one mention of Manx Forums, getting pissed or masturbating, its a real poor show.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I wonder how much the year of 2018 or whatever it was called cost ?

 

£300,000+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, joebean said:

I don't know why people here fall into cynicism. The Year of our Island was a resounding success and significantly raised the global profile and reputation of the Isle of Man with a series of innovative and well-received events. Chris Thomas will be able to prove this with an exciting presentation, including an array of tables and statistics, shortly.

Balls - it was an utter waste of money

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we only spent money on things that actually matter government would be about 1/10th of the size it currently is. We need to spend money on useless vanity projects to justify employing the numbers we do, otherwise the dole queue would stretch round the island.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is Daffy Caine's "solution" to these harmless goats? Does she want them to be massacred in cold blood, forcibly relocated, or what? If this was Donald Trump or Nigel Farage, I suspect we'd all be up in arms at the inhumanity of it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

What is Daffy Caine's "solution" to these harmless goats? Does she want them to be massacred in cold blood, forcibly relocated, or what? If this was Donald Trump or Nigel Farage, I suspect we'd all be up in arms at the inhumanity of it all.

She's preparing a motion to trade them for Syrian refuges. They get food and we get her dream realised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...