Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
hissingsid

Daft Daphne is at it again

isn't it the world bank that disputes iomg figures???????????????????????????????????????????????

Better get Chris Thomas to add this to his list of imminent achievements

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I wonder how much the year of 2018 or whatever it was called cost ?

And what did we gain from it?  Sod all i'd wager!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

It was “The Year of Our Island”. 2019 is scheduled to be “The Year of Our Increasing Outrage at Pointless Government Improvidence” and 2020 will be “The Year of Our Shuddering Financial Collapse”.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Sometimes we can be so cynical as to wish ourselves into a hard and dark place.

Guilty.

• Sad 1

I don't know why people here fall into cynicism. The Year of our Island was a resounding success and significantly raised the global profile and reputation of the Isle of Man with a series of innovative and well-received events. Chris Thomas will be able to prove this with an exciting presentation, including an array of tables and statistics, shortly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

That Year of Our Island just put a whole load of work listing all the clubs, societies and things to do on a rainy day in the IOM, yet not one mention of Manx Forums, getting pissed or masturbating, its a real poor show.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, hissingsid said:

£300,000+

33 minutes ago, joebean said:

I don't know why people here fall into cynicism. The Year of our Island was a resounding success and significantly raised the global profile and reputation of the Isle of Man with a series of innovative and well-received events. Chris Thomas will be able to prove this with an exciting presentation, including an array of tables and statistics, shortly.

Balls - it was an utter waste of money

• Like 3

If we only spent money on things that actually matter government would be about 1/10th of the size it currently is. We need to spend money on useless vanity projects to justify employing the numbers we do, otherwise the dole queue would stretch round the island.

• Like 4

What is Daffy Caine's "solution" to these harmless goats? Does she want them to be massacred in cold blood, forcibly relocated, or what? If this was Donald Trump or Nigel Farage, I suspect we'd all be up in arms at the inhumanity of it all.

46 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

What is Daffy Caine's "solution" to these harmless goats? Does she want them to be massacred in cold blood, forcibly relocated, or what? If this was Donald Trump or Nigel Farage, I suspect we'd all be up in arms at the inhumanity of it all.

She's preparing a motion to trade them for Syrian refuges. They get food and we get her dream realised.