Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Gee Cee

Guy Martin in Court

Has anyone noticed how difficult it is to find via search engines road racing stories that one knows existed but have seemingly vanished? It's like magic. 

Edited by La Colombe

8 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Has anyone noticed how difficult it is to find via search engines road racing stories that one knows existed but have seemingly vanished? It's like magic. 

Possibly - but Dave Molyneux's domestic violence conviction and Nick Crowes Racist bigoted election vitriol is sadly easily found........

#roadwarriors

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
Onchan Mosque
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

All Isle of Man Newspapers internet archive was dropped when Johnston Press sold out. I wonder if it can be brought back now?

• Thanks 1

I know Robert Dunlop was charged with DD

I also thought Joey had a similar charge here but can’t find anything to back that up 

43 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I know Robert Dunlop was charged with DD

I also thought Joey had a similar charge here but can’t find anything to back that up 

JD was convicted of DD after being caught in Douglas one night (Castle Mona Ave area?) in either 1989 or 1990 (might have been 89 when he didn't actually race through injury).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

JD was convicted of DD after being caught in Douglas one night (Castle Mona Ave area?) in either 1989 or 1990 (might have been 89 when he didn't actually race through injury).

Yes he had a night on the Potcheen up in Woodbourne Road somewhere and was done for being significantly over the limit. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

They all loved a bit of potcheen that lot. They used to drink in the manxie when I worked there late 90s, and fucking hell they drank. I could have done without drinking some of that shit.

2 hours ago, La Colombe said:

Here's a perfect example of them being used as role models. You'll note the emphasis is on setting and achieving personal goals. Anyone suggesting that they are not being promoted as role models to the kids is an idiot. 

And all these mountain climbers etc who go into schools and give motivational talks knowing that their pursuit is a dangerous one.

Not forgetting those T V ads encouraging young people to join the army showing how they will become much better people if they do without mentioning the risks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1