Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
La Colombe

Lack Of Road Safety Strategy...

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Flinty, are you talking about one of those frames with castors on?........

Zimmer GT....?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

Flinty, are you talking about one of those frames with castors on?........

No - something much more up to date, and cheaper!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

No - something much more up to date, and cheaper!

are you making it out of lego in your garage?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Neil Down said:

which corner can't you steer around?

Exactly. It is not a race course, it is a public road.

Drive at a speed and at a distance you can see to be clear and stop in time. How the fuck is that hard to understand.

It is not a rally depending on pace notes. Look ahead and see what is coming up.

I don't know how some people actually got out of nappies.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tempus Fugit said:

any corner where you don't have to brake or take any other action as well as just steer around

In other words - driving. Have you considered taking a driving test...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, WTF said:

are you making it out of lego in your garage?

Have you seen the new LEGO Bugatti?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, WTF said:
37 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

No - something much more up to date, and cheaper!

are you making it out of lego in your garage?

Stickle bricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Stickle bricks

 

stickles.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

Have you seen the new LEGO Bugatti?

yes,  quite an incredible feat of engineering,  maybe they could help the DOI  learn how to stick grit to tar?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just driven down the prom and amazed (not really) at the number of idiots who have parked between the police no parking bollards at the Summerhill end:whatever:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 9:32 AM, Derek Flint said:

95% of collisions are down to driver error. I’m not, therefore a fan of the MOT, but I concede that it increasingly has a seat at the table to help change culture, and drive responsibility for standards - much in the same way as risk assessed speed limit setting.

From a road safety perspective removing defective cars from the roads will reduce the number of a cars on the roads dramatically, people who run a vehicle on a shoe string budget will no longer be able to afford to, the old dear who uses her car once a week to go to church and hasn't even had an eye test for 20 years probably won't bother renewing her MOT on her 15 year old Micra either. Less cars on the roads = less accidents. It would also mean more people using public transport which given they struggle to make any money is win-win situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Each time they repair or resurface a road they can just do a shit job and put 'temporary' speed limits in place for ages. That'll do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

From a road safety perspective removing defective cars from the roads will reduce the number of a cars on the roads dramatically, people who run a vehicle on a shoe string budget will no longer be able to afford to, the old dear who uses her car once a week to go to church and hasn't even had an eye test for 20 years probably won't bother renewing her MOT on her 15 year old Micra either. Less cars on the roads = less accidents. It would also mean more people using public transport which given they struggle to make any money is win-win situation.

so when a news story pops up that some youngsters have rolled their car into a field and there is nobody else on the road, how does that fit in with your less cars = less accidents?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ban all cars belonging to those earning less than £80k per annum (number pulled from Random Number Generator borrowed from Eddie Teare btw). That will reduce the number of vehicles on the road as well at a stroke. And by implication, the number of accidents. Saving millions in emergency services and investigation costs.

Less wear and tear on the roads, allowing maintenance funds and remaining road tax revenues to be diverted to pension deficits. Less pollution.

And allow the rich to make more efficient journeys rather than being held up by the pesky peasants who can still use the buses, horse and carts and pushbikes to get around. Win win win, everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

so when a news story pops up that some youngsters have rolled their car into a field and there is nobody else on the road, how does that fit in with your less cars = less accidents?

 You've given one example, how about the accidents that happen on a daily basis that don't even make the news? Have you seen the amount of car body repair shops over here?

Less cars + less chance of accidents (does that work any better for you?)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×