Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
La Colombe

Tynwald Mills Bears Having Sex

33 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Essentially £987 million in Skelly advertising equivalent revenue......

It would be funny if it weren’t true

• Sad 1

A curious thought - as the Tynwald Mills Polar Bear display was being shipped by the BMC and transported to London, for its TV appearance - did any of our overpaid and under-utilised civil servants (supposedly with a marketing brain!), not think about sending the Hospice Wallaby? The reasoning, the Last Leg is broadcast days later On Australian TV. Just think of the publicity and worldwide exposure. 

It is very easy to spend other people's (ie taxpayers') money when you can use some doss justification for spending it. Skelly is the absolute master at it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, gettafa said:

It is very easy to spend other people's (ie taxpayers') money when you can use some doss justification for spending it. Skelly is the absolute master at it.

You are correct. It’s highly likely that the Tynwald Mills Polar Bear would have had IOMG input, as well as spin, control and manipulation, with a dose of Government bullying. Involving SPC and transport costs - taxpayers? Or did c4 foot the bill? Perhaps Onchans Elite can enlighten the hard pressed and long suffering tax payer? 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, gettafa said:

If TT expenditure is involved then money is no object! This chaotic spending is from Infrastructure, TT Promotion, and TT Hospitality Tent. And remember folks that given an opportunity, Government and Tynpotwalders would either bury the bad news or surpress it. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, gettafa said:

They're not having sex, they are just playing Twister

more like fisther.......

3 hours ago, gettafa said:

And the rest of them are equally culpable for not holding him properly to account.

And the rest of us are culpable for putting the lot of them in there in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know if anyone has watched C4s Last Leg where the case of a driver moaning about an octopus caused careless driving. This prompted IOM Constabulary yet again to add their two pennerth,  showing an incident where an octopus was found on one of the islands roads. 

Its good to see that the Constabulary are on the ball and alert, as well as being part of IOMGs free publicity for the island drive. Meanwhile the cynicism in me will be wondering if IOM Constabulary do actually solve crimes? 

10 hours ago, 2112 said:

Its good to see that the Constabulary are on the ball and alert, as well as being part of IOMGs free publicity for the island drive. Meanwhile the cynicism in me will be wondering if IOM Constabulary do actually solve crimes? 

It is embarrassing often to be honest. I’m not sure it creates a positive image either as from following his own and the police Twitter feed I’m left with the unshakable impression that PC Schumacher is a massive bell-end. That may well not be the case but he certainly makes himself look like a total bell-end on social media. And spending hours on Twitter during the day hardly gives the impression that any of them are busy either, 

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

It is embarrassing often to be honest. I’m not sure it creates a positive image either as from following his own and the police Twitter feed I’m left with the unshakable impression that PC Schumacher is a massive bell-end. That may well not be the case but he certainly makes himself look like a total bell-end on social media. And spending hours on Twitter during the day hardly gives the impression that any of them are busy either, 

Still I’m sure our Tynpotwalders will be ecstatic at a bit of publicity for the island, which I’m sure the Starship Enterprise bods and bean counters could value and calculate precisely as to how much the free publicity is worth to the island. If IOM police get involved in publicising weird events, it usually involves a drop in policing standards on the island. 

Edited by 2112

Those polar bears gave the Island more publicity than the tourist department have done n the last decade..makes you think.

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

Those polar bears gave the Island more publicity than the tourist department have done n the last decade..makes you think.

Even now in a secret bunker at Skelly Towers a team of boffins are putting the finishing touches to the next marketing campaign...’The Isle of Man, where you can...come and watch animals fuck’.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, hissingsid said:

The ‘Polar Bears’ were already in situ as a static display, and some scallywags were having a laugh arranging the display. The Starship Enterprise wouldn’t have a clue at sarcasm, piss-take or being naughty-but nice, but cheeky with it. However I can imagine that if anything is successful, I’m sure the mandarins of Starship Enterprise will want a slice of the action.