New buses all round

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing so exciting I'm afraid.  Longworth is basically a bully and the rest of them are simply to weak and uncaring to stand up to him.  What I suspect is happening is that Longworth simply does what

The new buses almost certainly aren't part of  the "£6,236,928 [that] has been spent on the fleet on 52 Mercedes buses" according to that IOM Newspapers piece from July.  That appears to be the respon

It does piss me off. We’re scratching round trying to find money for the DHSC to save lives of Manx taxpayers and that twat seems to have an open chequebook for anything he wants whether needed or not

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The current greenhouse gas emissions plus other pollutants from diesel versus emissions from generating and environmental costs of the battery production and disposal means there is little benefit, but as the world moves towards wind, wave, water turbine and solar the balance changes, and over the life of a bus, which would be 25 years, should be significant. We should forward plan.

2 years in the iom if your lucky before they "need " to buy new ones......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Don't think there are any current plans for new double deckers. 

There are 12 new Mercedes single deckers ordered though and arriving soon i believe

Not much point in buying electric buses for here as our electricity is not generated by an enviromentally friendly method

Nor a method anyone can afford LOL !!

23 minutes ago, yorik said:

I was on one the other night, they're certainly well fitted out inside - ergonomic leatherette seats with seat belts, USB charging ports in every seat back and, I think, wireless charging holders as well.

Premium price commuter bus? Airport service? 

42 minutes ago, yorik said:

I was on one the other night, they're certainly well fitted out inside - ergonomic leatherette seats with seat belts, USB charging ports in every seat back and, I think, wireless charging holders as well.

They are. Warm, comfortable and hardly any cabin noise. The more pleasurable the ride the more people might use them.

Hopefully...

14 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Indeed. Image. Counts for everything.

Running them around Douglas takes the gloss off a bit though.

Indeed in Central and Local Government "an ounce of image is worth more than a pound of performance".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Any way the newer the second hand bus is the more mr longtails  contacts across the water like them. Why by new when you can get hardly used at knock down prices

I'm sure Blackpool will be prepared to pay us up to  £15,000 each for our "outdated" one's.

16 hours ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Don't think there are any current plans for new double deckers. 

There are 12 new Mercedes single deckers ordered though and arriving soon i believe

Not much point in buying electric buses for here as our electricity is not generated by an enviromentally friendly method

Are you sure the 12 imports are not part of this "initiative" by Bus Vannin?

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=41516&headline=Island's new bus fleet has cost us £6m%2C FoI request reveals&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2018

Because I don't see 12 single deckers being EOL'd.

Watched the new bus fleet practicing their "manouvres" on PSM prom.

It seems to me that Bus Vannin has spent over £6m on some VERY expensive taxis. Add the cost of the "loaded" heads to drive them and they're even more expensive. Not only rivals to the taxi service but also to the bus service. Eh?

Shome mishtake shurely...?

Edited by P.K.