New buses all round

Moorhouse down south saying how good the trial of new buses was going, he certainly is becoming an expert very quickly.Seagulls /Bus service what next for this diamond?

He could always get Spit out of the box and revive the old act.

Sorry wrong one meant Perkins,  I would be no use in an identity parade of the (Useless) twats

Edited by Dirty Buggane
Applogies my error
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing so exciting I'm afraid.  Longworth is basically a bully and the rest of them are simply to weak and uncaring to stand up to him.  What I suspect is happening is that Longworth simply does what

The new buses almost certainly aren't part of  the "£6,236,928 [that] has been spent on the fleet on 52 Mercedes buses" according to that IOM Newspapers piece from July.  That appears to be the respon

It does piss me off. We’re scratching round trying to find money for the DHSC to save lives of Manx taxpayers and that twat seems to have an open chequebook for anything he wants whether needed or not

Posted Images

On 12/2/2018 at 11:59 AM, Beelzebub3 said:

I am beginning to think IL has got the minister by the bollocks, whatever he wants, he gets without question. I would like to know what "business case" was put in place to take money away from the Taxi trade with Bus Vannin's new dial a ride service surely Government can not compete against the private sector. I heard the "transport expert"  Moorhouse down south saying how good the trial of new buses was going, he certainly is becoming an expert very quickly. Seagulls /Bus service what next for this diamond?

The Ministers find him extremely difficult to deal with which is why he gets his own way as apparently he is a massive bully that few in government have the guts to go against. 

• 1 year later...

£3.7M now on 16 new buses, 6 of which are hybrid.

The grounds are environmental and also residual value, that it's more economical to get rid of the (new) old ones while they're still worth something (bit like selling them to Blackpool to get further years out of?) Source, MR News.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

£3.7M now on 16 new buses, 6 of which are hybrid.

The grounds are environmental and also residual value, that it's more economical to get rid of the (new) old ones while they're still worth something (bit like selling them to Blackpool to get further years out of?) Source, MR News.

Longtail and co must be wanting new electric cars...

5 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

I wonder who has bought the current lot off us? I’m sure they must have an environmental policy too?

Yes I was thinking the same. Surely if these environmental requirements are as prevalent as we are being told surely these buses must literally be scrap as no operator in the UK would be mad enough to buy these CO2 generating killing machines as they would be slated by the greenies and sued to within an inch of their lives? 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
45 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Yes I was thinking the same. Surely if these environmental requirements are as prevalent as we are being told surely these buses must literally be scrap as no operator in the UK would be mad enough to buy these CO2 generating killing machines as they would be slated by the greenies and sued to within an inch of their lives? 

But if the buses we're selling are more environmentally friendly than the ones currently in Bournemouth, that's two places with greener buses. And if Bournemouth's are sold to somewhere even scuzzier - Harrogate or  Rye, say, Bus Vannin have tripled the environmental good just by buying new buses. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Declan said:

But if the buses we're selling are more environmentally friendly than the ones currently in Bournemouth, that's two places with greener buses. And if Bournemouth's are sold to somewhere even scuzzier - Harrogate or  Rye, say, Bus Vannin have tripled the environmental good just by buying new buses. 

But that's only true if the environmental cost of new buses is zero, which it clearly isn't.  If the end result is that more buses are manufactured and they are eventually scrapped earlier, rather than being maintained, then those additional environmental costs have to be set against any such savings in how things are run.

And in any case it's also a pointless gesture because so little of our electricity comes from renewable sources anyway.  That's even assuming that they actually ever both to use the electric power rather than just filling them up with diesel all the time.

That's what really annoys me about these 'green' gestures and the way people tend to accept them as a good thing because they have the right label slapped on them.  There's no attempt to do any sort of environmental audit on the various options available and then choose the least damaging - probably balanced out against monetary cost (also a relevant factor if that cash could be used on genuine green measures elsewhere).   Instead they just make some big, showy, expensive gesture (bought in pre-packaged and without examination) and then go round praising themselves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So they buy these buses at the cost of a new house with new furniture and carpets and then allow low-life to treat them like crap, feet on the seats and talking loudly on their phones, effing and blinding, like they was in their own hovel home front rooms.

• Thanks 1