Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Lxxx

Public debate on HPV vaccines

I notice there is a public debate at the Manx museum on Monday and Tuesday evening about the HPV vaccine. Some well renowned speakers coming from around the world for it. 

As it’s a topic that’s quite personal to me I think I’ll go along. Should be  interesting if nothing else. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lxxx said:

I notice there is a public debate at the Manx museum on Monday and Tuesday evening about the HPV vaccine. Some well renowned speakers coming from around the world for it. 

As it’s a topic that’s quite personal to me I think I’ll go along. Should be  interesting if nothing else. 

You are Courtney Headcase and I claim my £5

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

You are Courtney Headcase and I claim my £5

Who?

8 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Thanks. I wasn’t aware of him or who he is. The missus suffered a scare a few years ago, which I’ve documented on here previously, so she told me she’d like to go as the subject is personal to her. 

The speakers look interesting, especially the aluminium guy, so worth a few hours on a Monday night. 

• Like 3

Vaccines reduce and alter harms. They also alter societal responsibilities. 

You live in a society with say 100 deaths and 10000 hospitalisations but it is “no one’s fault”. 

And replace it with one where the state tries to enforce a policy where 1 person dies and there are 100 hospitalisations and where it is the government/big pharmas fault. 

Some people see vaccinations as the state deliberately harming the people; and vaccines do cause harms. The challenge is that they cause less harm than doing nothing apart from in those they harm!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Vaccines reduce and alter harms. They also alter societal responsibilities. 

You live in a society with say 100 deaths and 10000 hospitalisations but it is “no one’s fault”. 

And replace it with one where the state tries to enforce a policy where 1 person dies and there are 100 hospitalisations and where it is the government/big pharmas fault. 

Some people see vaccinations as the state deliberately harming the people; and vaccines do cause harms. The challenge is that they cause less harm than doing nothing apart from in those they harm!

Again, you assume that the vaccines work, however, they don't.

I always trust in science over faith/suspicion/vague belief. Vaccines are demonstrated to be effective. 

• Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

Again, you assume that the vaccines work, however, they don't.

Let's not get into that kind of argument. This is just about a public debate on a very specific vaccine for a very specific issue.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NoTail said:

I always trust in science over faith/suspicion/vague belief. Vaccines are demonstrated to be effective. 

Good for you.

3 hours ago, Lxxx said:

Let's not get into that kind of argument. This is just about a public debate on a very specific vaccine for a very specific issue.

Fair enough. The HPV vaccine doesn't work.

Saw this tweet recently and it very cleverly sums up the scientific and statistical ignorance of anti-vaccers.