Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
PottyLisa

Smart Watches/Fitness Trackers

Does anyone have any recomendations. The two options I've had a quick look at are the Apple Watch 3 and the Fitbit Versa.

Forget about the AW Series 4, way too expensive!  I suppose the main consideration would be the fitness tracking aspect but I'd also be interested in the Smart watch functionality side of things.

Can the AW stream Spotify yet or are you still tied into the iTunes ecosystem?

Mrs X uses a Fitbit three. Heart rate, sleep tracker, steps, miles,  Waterproof, gps tracking when used with the app on the ‘phone, sms text and email review, sms reply (basic preset responses (out swimming call you back etc.). Slim, battery lasts ages, swappable wrist bands so it can be worn as a watch for a night out.  Great support from Fitbit, user community and it works.  She likes to report to me when I get in that she has 7 miles today, and the heart rate monitor is a laugh after a trip to Tesco, the doctors or dentist.

• Like 1

Thanks X, useful info.  The main thing that lept out at me was the difference in battery life, the AW seems dire yet the Fitbit can go up to 5 days depending on usage.

I need to look into the music streaming capabilities really, that's quite important to me.  I have a spotify account but no music stored in iTunes so that may be a big negative against the AW unless they've since patched it to integrate with Spotify.

I have a fitbit blaze which is a few years old now but I would recommend fitbit and the versa does look good.

• Like 1

Wife has AW3 and daughter has FitBit (can't remember which one) but they compare notes regularly.

In our house it seems that the AW3 is the preferred option by a considerable margin.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gormless Git said:

Wife has AW3 and daughter has FitBit (can't remember which one) but they compare notes regularly.

In our house it seems that the AW3 is the preferred option by a considerable margin.

I think I'm starting to lean towards the AW GG. It seems like a more complete experience averall.  The main drawback looks like battery life but as long as it'll last the day that's not really an issue, a night time charging regime will countyer that, same as most smartphones nowadays.

1 hour ago, PottyLisa said:

Thanks Manxy, an interesting read.

Worked that one out when I looked at how they worked.  Non dominant hand for a Fitbit it says in the blurb. So if you are right handed, left hand wearing - so you use the right hand for a PINs.  I guess they worked that out long before me.  

On 12/6/2018 at 8:47 AM, PottyLisa said:

The main drawback looks like battery life but as long as it'll last the day that's not really an issue, a night time charging regime will countyer that, same as most smartphones nowadays.

Battery life doesn't seem to be an issue as she has a nighttime (and only time) charging regime which seems to work extremely well

I have a versa, I love it! I've upped my exercise level and obsess about my sleep, I'd highly recommend getting one.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thebees said:

I have a versa, I love it! I've upped my exercise level and obsess about my sleep, I'd highly recommend getting one.

From what I can see the Versa seems to have the edge as far as fitness tracking goes, all the information is collated nicely in one place whereas the AW can be a bit fragmented, depending on what you're tracking.  Decisions decisions!  Thanks Bees.

• Haha 1