Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Uhtred

Where did the voters go..?

3 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

the problem is (and its the same in the police) is that you cannot get the exposure to experience that you can in the UK. When a UK Supt came to us 2 years ago, her CV blew the local competition into the weeds. And she was bloody good too. 

The only way to tackle this is to have a parent 'county' where people can go for the relevant exposure. 

I’m sure you’re right and that’s a good idea.

Edited by Uhtred

3 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

I’m sure you’re right and that’s a good idea.

and thus it will never catch on, because it is (a) my idea and (b) a good idea

9 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I meant who got what amount personally

This is inner sanctum stuff here which is kept under lock and key. I recall the CM saying in Tynwald that they wouldn't even reveal the areas of government that some salaries were being paid to because it could lead to the identification of individuals. That would never do.

They seem to be less guarded about these things in Jersey. Why the difference?  https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2018/06/25/salaries-and-pensions-of-top-civil-servants-revealed/

5 minutes ago, woolley said:

This is inner sanctum stuff here which is kept under lock and key. I recall the CM saying in Tynwald that they wouldn't even reveal the areas of government that some salaries were being paid to because it could lead to the identification of individuals. That would never do.

They seem to be less guarded about these things in Jersey. Why the difference?  https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2018/06/25/salaries-and-pensions-of-top-civil-servants-revealed/

They don’t stint though, do they? Head of Health salary £185,000! Jersey population 100,000 and a lot less NHS provision than us I’m told. What does the Head of Health do for that kind of wedge??