Sexual Offences Bill 2019

Gee Cee

I see that in section 210 of the proposed bill, it is intended to allow pardons for those who have previously been convicted of sodomy.

Clearly public opinion has changed, and many people are now willing to tolerate sodomy as 'normal' behaviour. As a result, people are no longer being convicted when they have engaged in sodomy with another person.

The fact that public opinion has changed, does not make this right.

When these people were convicted, the law was quite clear, and they decided to break it. Those who were convicted were criminals, and were quite rightly punished.

I trust that members of MF will be lobbying their MHKs to get the idea of granting pardons for historic convictions, dropped from this proposed bill.

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Gee Cee said:

I see that in section 210 of the proposed bill, it is intended to allow pardons for those who have previously been convicted of sodomy.

Clearly public opinion has changed, and many people are now willing to tolerate sodomy as 'normal' behaviour. As a result, people are no longer being convicted when they have engaged in sodomy with another person.

When these people were convicted, the law was quite clear, and they decided to break it. Those who were convicted were criminals, and were quite rightly punished.

I trust that members of MF will be lobbying their MHKs to get the idea of granting pardons for historic convictions, dropped from this proposed bill.

The 1950's called; they want their attitude back. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

It’s a one way street for Gee Cee.

It used to be ‘right’ to shoot soldiers suffering mental fatigue in battle.  Let’s shoot them again then?

it used to be ‘right’ to hound women seeking to vote - let’s remove it?

It used to be ‘right’ to send children up chimneys- if yours needs a sweep, I know just the 3 year old for you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gee Cee said:

I trust that not one member takes a blind bit of notice of your deranged thinking...

I’ll be buggered if I’m doing that.

Edited to add: Clearly this is actually Sod’s Law.

Edited by Uhtred
  • Haha 3

You have a fantastic moustache Mr Murcott............

As this is "normal behaviour" Gee Cee - surely this will lower the number of abortions required (as your post is not gender specific) something I am certain you should support ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gee Cee said:

Ooooh the fucking TT troll is a Nazi too. Who'da thunk it?

Maybe sir protesteth too much and is bigotry is just a cover for his longing to make a public declaration of his sexuality.

3 hours ago, Gee Cee said:

You know what they say - the ones who shout the most about it normally have something to hide... 

The vast majority of homophobia is rooted in religion - living hope and the like.

• Like 1