Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Max Power

P.O Strike Begins.

2 hours ago, The Central Scrutiniser said:

Surprised at these U.K. posties bragging about xmas tips. The guys I worked with were pretty tight lipped about it though we all knew which walks & rural duties were the most lucrative. Quite possible that a local rural postie who has been on that duty  for years might hit that figure. Most I ever did was £200 or so. I would say it is gradually declining over the years.

I’d be interested if the goodwill payments were up this year on last! 

• Haha 1

I thought it was two million but last Year they only took one because of the loss situation.  A postman told me this was paid out to shareholders who were mostly the Treasury Dept..  figure that one out, I can't but I still say any organisation who is running with over 40 managers in charge of just over 200 workers is doomed and totally mismanaged by the board.   They were unprepared for all the on line trade, could have cleaned up as they had resources in place but no forward thinking or ambition just took the salary and planned their retirement, totally useless.

• Like 5

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:22 PM, thesultanofsheight said:

I’d be interested if the goodwill payments were up this year on last! 

Well my mates wife dragged her postie in through the door last week, tore his clothes off then hers and rode him for half an hour.

On his way out she stuffed a couple of coins into his hand and said "happy xmas."

The postie looked shocked and asked what that was about and the woman said she had asked my mate about a xmas tip for the postie as they had been on strike and he said quite loudly, "fuck him, give him 50p" ;)

Edited by dilligaf
spelling (again)
  • Haha 5

So, did industrial action achieve anything for the posties? Has management retracted what they intended and now all is well and everyone is happy? Or, are there more stripes to come/redundancies/ management clear out...what?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

So, did industrial action achieve anything for the posties? Has management retracted what they intended and now all is well and everyone is happy? Or, are there more stripes to come/redundancies/ management clear out...what?

Longer strike is the whisper 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2018 at 7:32 AM, The Central Scrutiniser said:

For years IOMPO paid about a million and half quid to treasury from profits annually. Now their making a loss, treasury are raiding the reserve fund for it. All this stuff is in the public domain if you wade through hansard.

Absolutely correct.

The elephant in the room is the Isle of Man government.

They continue to ask others to sacrifice their standard of living, their pensions and the future of further generations 

without any consideration to taking a lead in reducing their considerable cost to the tax payer.

Tynwald and it’s upper house cannot justify their cost to the tax payer in pay and pension costs.

Our civil servants are also beyond the pale in their employment benefits.

Given that the above cartel(s)  negotiate their own terms then it is about time the voting public woke up.

Just saying!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Whatnonsence said:

Absolutely correct.

The elephant in the room is the Isle of Man government.

They continue to ask others to sacrifice their standard of living, their pensions and the future of further generations 

without any consideration to taking a lead in reducing their considerable cost to the tax payer.

Tynwald and it’s upper house cannot justify their cost to the tax payer in pay and pension costs.

Our civil servants are also beyond the pale in their employment benefits.

Given that the above cartel(s)  negotiate their own terms then it is about time the voting public woke up.

Just saying!

Can you explain what any of your stream of consciousness has to do with the Post Office?

15 hours ago, Gizo said:

Longer strike is the whisper 

To be effective and to further their point they should strike for a couple of weeks. This striking for acouooe of days doesn't really have that much of an effect.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yootalkin2me said:

To be effective and to further their point they should strike for a couple of weeks. This striking for acouooe of days doesn't really have that much of an effect.

Agree. How long they are prepared to strike when they are not getting paid will be the pinch point. 

I do not agree with strikes but I am totally with the post office workers on this, they can see the overmanaged, mismanaged set up and are totally frustrated.

4 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I do not agree with strikes but I am totally with the post office workers on this, they can see the overmanaged, mismanaged set up and are totally frustrated.

Explain where the over management,and mismanagement set up is in the post office or is this just more preference falsifications ?

5 hours ago, hissingsid said:

So what are the posties plans to turn the business round if they know more than the management?