Cathedral CCTV

Gee Cee

6 minutes ago, Neil Down said:
1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

Is that uncalled for remark not classed as "abuse" in itself ? 

Posters called me a rapist's friend because I used to know somebody who years later was jailed for rape and now Neil Down gets called a child abuser for jokingly supporting bringing back the birch.  

How then do I get so many bans for so called "abusive behaviour" and Neil was banned too for what I presume was the same reason a few weeks back. Yet so many posters are posting far more serious personal abuse and never seem to be brought to task for it ?    

Seems the mods have their favourites then...:ermm:

I had thought with John Wright returning as a mod, there would be less tolerance of the personal abuse and extremely nasty posts by CB,TSOS and TP.

Shame it is allowed, but we can't change it.

We can leave, but somebody else will be abused to keep up the childish game.

The root cause is never addressed, just the recipients being removed whenever they fight back.

Why can't we comment on stuff without expecting more abuse each time ?

Edited by dilligaf

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I had thought with John Wright returning as a mod, there would be less tolerance of the personal abuse and extremely nasty posts by CB,TSOS and TP.

The root cause is never addressed, just the recipients being removed whenever they fight back.

Why can't we comment on stuff without expecting more abuse each time ?

You need to keep up with modern terminology Dilli. When the aforementioned start they call that normal. If any other poster does it you get a “pack attack” from the usual suspects.

11 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Have you noticed nobody except you is posting here anymore? These forums are just full of the boring whinges and late night pissed nonsense of you and Neil. Nobody cares. It’s bloody boring. You leave (flounce) constantly and yet still come back. Both of you do. So quit your moaning or just leave without constantly threatening to leave like you’re seeking attention. Because nobody bloody cares. Except you and Neil who incessantly moan about absolutely bloody everything 24/7. 

4 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Have you noticed nobody except you is posting here anymore? These forums are just full of the boring whinges and late night pissed nonsense of you and Neil. Nobody cares. It’s bloody boring. You leave (flounce) constantly and yet still come back. Both of you do. So quit your moaning or just leave without constantly threatening to leave like you’re seeking attention. Because nobody bloody cares. Except you and Neil who incessantly moan about absolutely bloody everything 24/7. 

You PM'd me to ask was I coming back to post again. Remember ?

You said the forums were "shit" and you had been thinking of "flouncing " for a long time but decided to stay just to piss the people off. Remember ?

BTW. you are still here posting and usually more often than myself or ND.

You need to get over that fence you sit on, as you may fall onto the wrong side. 

Edited by dilligaf

3 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

What about me?

I like Dilli and Neil's input and I'm unfortunately sober.

If we were all the same life would be very dull and consequently we wouldn't get on.

Have to say though I think Stu Peter's new "down to the wood" hairstyle is a bit alarming. Especially for winter. But then I've been "wash and go" all my life...

There. A little bit of light relief from all the willy waving.... :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

BTW. you are still here posting and usually more often than myself or ND.

You need to get over that fence you sit on, as you may fall onto the wrong side. 

I’m nowhere near you or Neil so just quit your bloody incessant moaning and threats of flouncing. Nobody cares. You and Neil are just being angry knob’s who constantly derail threads by starting pointless arguments. 

4F570DAE-7184-499D-B3C7-7F367FC17488.jpeg

494C8B65-6489-4DDA-B48F-D88D47CA0AAD.jpeg

8E837F5C-5EB1-4DFB-A3AA-1B99E395F351.jpeg

Edited by thesultanofsheight

18 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Au contraire. It seems that you do.;)

I don’t care one jot. You’re the 5th biggest validated all time moaner on here and these boards are now so quiet except you and Neil constantly arguing with absolutely everyone. 

13,224 posts inbetween about 20 high profile flounces. Between you and Neil that’s over 20,000 posts. Don’t threaten to flounce, either flounce or don’t flounce. I doubt anyone cares whether you leave or not. 

C0EC873A-2423-425E-AA75-DB373CEB2F97.jpeg

Edited by thesultanofsheight

Perhaps, the reason you’ve had so many bans dilligaf is the way you react to posts you don’t like. 

I’ll log on the morning and a thread will have pages of new posts from you, and Neil arguing with Sultan or somebody. 

So you didn’t like The Teapot’s post, you might have a point on the original one directed at Neil, but when he clarified it was all supporters of the birch that he thought were child abusers, a better course of action would to be explain why you think that’s a weak argument. 

But let’s imagine the original post wasn’t clarified. You have two options -

Report it. 

Challenge it. Explain why you think it’s wrong. Make your point. Clarify it if you need to then move on. 

Avoid the crap about how you’ve been hard done by. No one cares. 

Edited by Declan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Declan said:

Perhaps, the reason you’ve had so many bans dilligaf is the way you react to posts you don’t like. 

I’ll log on the morning and a thread will have pages of new posts from you, and Neil arguing with Sultan or somebody. 

So you didn’t like The Teapot’s post, you might have a point on the original one directed at Neil, but when he clarified it was all supporters of the birch that he thought were child abusers, a better course of action would to be explain why you think that’s a weak argument. 

But let’s imagine the original post wasn’t clarified. You have two options -

Report it. 

Challenge it. Explain why you think it’s wrong. Make your point. Clarify it if you need to then move on. 

Avoid the crap about how you’ve been hard done by. No one cares. 

It was reported and the mods don't care. Seems there are a few on here that are untouchable. Think about that one

The other glaring elephant in the room that you continually, and conveniently forget is that Teapot/LC/SOS normally start the trouble yet you have no problem blaming people for responding. Try getting rid of the initiators and see how that works. I was off this forum for nearly four weeks yet during that time the arguments involving the above plus a couple of others continued. So you are a little biased in your thinking.

5 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

It was reported and the mods don't care. Seems there are a few on here that are untouchable. Think about that one

The other glaring elephant in the room that you continually, and conveniently forget is that Teapot/LC/SOS normally start the trouble yet you have no problem blaming people for responding. Try getting rid of the initiators and see how that works. I was off this forum for nearly four weeks yet during that time the arguments involving the above plus a couple of others continued. So you are a little biased in your thinking.

The mods do care, they generally prefer a light touch. I think we all benefit from that, you and dilli would have banned more. Of the two options I listed I much prefer to challenge the post, make my point and hope it will resonate with the OP. 

Regarding the "elephant". I tend to agree that the Sultan can be as bad as you pair. Teapot and La Combine make controversial posts, but this is a discussion forum, and you can't really blame them for your subsequent thread-wrecking.

You really would enjoy the forum more if you adopt this approach. 

Challenge. Make your point. Move on. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Declan said:

The mods do care, they generally prefer a light touch. I think we all benefit from that, you and dilli would have banned more. Of the two options I listed I much prefer to challenge the post, make my point and hope it will resonate with the OP. 

Regarding the "elephant". I tend to agree that the Sultan can be as bad as you pair. Teapot and La Combine make controversial posts, but this is a discussion forum, and you can't really blame them for your subsequent thread-wrecking.

You really would enjoy the forum more if you adopt this approach. 

Challenge. Make your point. Move on. 

Point taken

• Like 2