Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
doc.fixit

Fairy tales?

I'm surprised how "The Little People"  have gone from being something to be feared in such a short time, any believer in Manx folklore would stay well clear.

"Peace of God and peace of man,
Peace of God on Columb-Killey,
On each window and each door,
On every hole'admitting moonlight,
On the four corners of the house,
On the place of my rest,
And peace of God on myself".

Edited by victorian dad
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, victorian dad said:

I'm surprised how "The Little People"  have gone from being something to be feared in such a short time, any believer in Manx folklore would stay well clear.

"Peace of God and peace of man,
Peace of God on Columb-Killey,
On each window and each door,
On every hole'admitting moonlight,
On the four corners of the house,
On the place of my rest,
And peace of God on myself".

I blame the "fairy bridge" vandals.

52 minutes ago, Max Power said:

They must be doing quite well to be able to afford the maternity leave bill, which would be a continuous expense looking at the age of some of them.

There's not even a token munter.

20 minutes ago, gettafa said:

There's not even a token munter.

There were three.;)

• Haha 1

Seeing as we're on the subject of housing; when the fuck are the authorities going to bring in a system where people in public housing who exceed a specific threshold of income and who's children have grown up and left home are turfed out of their public housing and forced to rent/buy private property?

Oh, and another fucking rant; bankers, brought about a recession , austerity and mosey for millions but instead of being jailed or forced to wear a banner stating 'Im a fucking greedy banker" in public they are forgotten about all too quickly and its business as fucking usual?

Rants over!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

And single occupants in three bedroomed houses when little families are paying top dollar in expensive flats with no gardens for the kids.    Just because someone has lived there for years should not give them the entitlement to hang on in when they have been offered sheltered accommodation or a small flat.  People know this is not fair but nothing ever gets done about it.   This new intake of MHKs are too concerned with parish pump politics and persecuting wild life and importing Syrians to concern themselves with the things that needs sorting, why ? The are already looking toward the next election, well, have I news for you lot there will not be many of you returning for a second term because so far you have been as much use as a chocolate fireguard and have collectively done sod all for the good of the Island, useless does not come near it.

• Thanks 3

I work with a bloke (one of the finest examples of cuntatiousness you could ever meet), who lives in Hillside Avenue. He is on approximately 23k. His partner earns around 30k. His son also lives at the property, he takes home around 28k. He moans like fuck every time the rent goes up, complained bitterly about the disruption when he had his 10 grand kitchen fitted. 35k's worth of cars sit outside the gaff. And much else.

For a small Island, this is as common as it is wrong and unfair... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

Out of all of them, you absolute animal.

Hey, I am not 21 anymore.;)

1 minute ago, quilp said:

I work with a bloke (one of the finest examples of cuntatiousness you could ever meet), who lives in Hillside Avenue. He is on approximately 23k. His partner earns around 30k. His son also lives at the property, he takes home around 28k. He moans like fuck every time the rent goes up, complained bitterly about the disruption when he had his 10 grand kitchen fitted. 35k's worth of cars sit outside the gaff. And much else.

For a small Island, this is as common as it is wrong and unfair... 

Absolutely agree. I know several like that. Totally takes the piss out of the deserving families who can't get a foot in the door.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

And single occupants in three bedroomed houses when little families are paying top dollar in expensive flats with no gardens for the kids.    Just because someone has lived there for years should not give them the entitlement to hang on in when they have been offered sheltered accommodation or a small flat.  People know this is not fair but nothing ever gets done about it. 

It’s a bit unfair to single out Vader like that :lol:

6 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Absolutely agree. I know several like that. Totally takes the piss out of the deserving families who can't get a foot in the door.

The situation is not helped when you get commissioners like Colin Leather in Castletown who vociferously object to means testing for tenants ! not sure why he takes that stance !

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, asitis said:

The situation is not helped when you get commissioners like Colin Leather in Castletown who vociferously object to means testing for tenants ! not sure why he takes that stance !

Colin Leather has always been contrary.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Colin Leather has always been contrary.

Someone has just explained it to me ... sad but predictable !

8 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

It’s a bit unfair to single out Vader like that :lol:

Unfortunately, that trumpet lives in Onchan...

• Haha 1