Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
doc.fixit

Fairy tales?

Saw some photos of the Bradda head fairy house today, with bits missing and damage to the roof. That must be about £2000 worth of damage, judging by installation costs.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Saw some photos of the Bradda head fairy house today, with bits missing and damage to the roof. That must be about £2000 worth of damage, judging by installation costs.

Will be the buggane, expect anomytroll collective to claim that in the morning, another £26,000 well spemt.

What I want to know is how on earth did they get passed our planning dictators, there could be hundreds of them built next year along with diddy hospitals, shops, marinas (which is probably all we can afford size wise?) etc etc what would fairy bridge clan think about this mass immigration they just won’t integrate into our yessir society , is Laurence there king? So many unanswered question that’s a topic for Stu at talking heads to tackle head on before where overrun. Happy new year folks ( let’s play nice in 2019).

Went to Dhoon Glen to see these installations. One was pretty impressive and looked like it would have taken some time to create but the other was just a door put in a tree, not much better than some of the stuff kids have put in Summerhill Glen!

On one hand I think it has been successful marketing and advertising campaign, on the other, clearly the relatively expensive installations will not last very long being exposed to the elements...(and the general public!)

Money might have been spent on restoring the water wheel in Groudle

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GreyWolf said:

So many unanswered question that’s a topic for Stu at talking heads to tackle head on before where overrun. Happy new year folks ( let’s play nice in 2019).

I think it's been done, but subjects are rejuvenated as public  opinion swells or changes.

(I'm waiting for "do fat lasses swet more" until I phone in)

Two questions about the Isle of Man on last weeks episode of celebrity master mind.  I wonder what figure the magic Skelly calculator will predict it generated in advertising revenue.  The fact that both questions were passed by the celebs might not help.

Meanwhile, I attach my effort to advertise an island of fairies...  total cost = fuck all.

Can you guess where it is?

fairy.jpg

48 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Marine Drive. Well done.

You can tell it's Marine drive by the guy in the background about to launch an old Indesit fridge freezer over the side.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Yeah the Bradda head one is looking a bit sorry for itself already, but admittedly it's a fairly brutal place to be. 

The atom thin layer of copper on the roof has already peeled off. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Yeah the Bradda head one is looking a bit sorry for itself already, but admittedly it's a fairly brutal place to be. 

The atom thin layer of copper on the roof has already peeled off. 

What can you expect for 6.5K !

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It is in the Indy, so it must be true,. some of the houses are looking a bit worse for wear....how long is it since they appeared ?     By the time the thousands of tourists come over to gaze on them they will be shabby, perhaps we could call them tholtans and say they are really ancient and just be discovered.   It is a good job we only paid £6.75 for them.

• Haha 3