Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
doc.fixit

Fairy tales?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Wasn't there a fairy cottage in Nobles Park years ago? 

Edited by quilp
Contemporarily, this is probably un - PC but I am what am, lol...
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Maybe not just un PC but  insulting to those who had to deal with the consequences of the raid on the “Fairy Cottage “  (ha ha v funny). You are indeed what you are.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Maybe not just un PC but  insulting to those who had to deal with the consequences of the raid on the “Fairy Cottage “ 

I am sure Barrie has cleaned up worse.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another article on the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece, about a Channel 5 feature which featured the IOM, with a contribution from Manx  National Hemorage. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/island-featured-on-channel-5-series/

Years ago the tourist board would trumpet in advance any ‘good’ news Manx shows, and we would be encouraged to defend the island like keyboard warriors against  aggressive or negative tv shows. Someone from the Starship Enterprise ‘tourism’posted this today - after the shows broadcast. Do the tourist department of DED only work 9-5, 5 day week??

Still I would love to hear Skelly bullshit publicity calculator whir into action

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Do the tourist department of DED only work 9-5, 5 day week??

 

 

 

un fucking likely they work one day a week.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Another article on the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece, about a Channel 5 feature which featured the IOM, with a contribution from Manx  National Hemorage. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/island-featured-on-channel-5-series/

Years ago the tourist board would trumpet in advance any ‘good’ news Manx shows, and we would be encouraged to defend the island like keyboard warriors against  aggressive or negative tv shows. Someone from the Starship Enterprise ‘tourism’posted this today - after the shows broadcast. Do the tourist department of DED only work 9-5, 5 day week??

Still I would love to hear Skelly bullshit publicity calculator whir into action

 

 

Well government doesnt start properly back until tomorrow. They probably claimed overtime to knock that up! 

Its been uncannily quiet on here too hasn’t it? No doubt it will pick up when all the civil servants are back tomorrow with bugger all to do but post on MF and Facebook all day. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2018 at 9:53 PM, slinkydevil said:

Saw some photos of the Bradda head fairy house today, with bits missing and damage to the roof. That must be about £2000 worth of damage, judging by installation costs.

I wonder if they came with an NHBC warranty, although come to think of it I don't think that covers the roof blowing off, as residents of a certain Dandara estate  in Kirk Michael will no doubt confirm.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chris C said:

I wonder if they came with an NHBC warranty, although come to think of it I don't think that covers the roof blowing off, as residents of a certain Dandara estate  in Kirk Michael will no doubt confirm.

And or one of them in Peel!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:51 PM, thesultanofsheight said:

Well government doesnt start properly back until tomorrow. They probably claimed overtime to knock that up! 

Its been uncannily quiet on here too hasn’t it? No doubt it will pick up when all the civil servants are back tomorrow with bugger all to do but post on MF and Facebook all day. 

What big green eyes you have, said mister wolf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, finlo said:

And or one of them in Peel!

Or any of their garden fences. Anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It ok the real cost of the not maintenance free fairy houses was only £11,000.00

that should stop the moaning and complaining from people on here.

But it does beg the other question who received the other £15,000.00 for the promotion ?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Holte End

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably Paul Phillips.... :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just visited Dhoon Glen with the family today see the fairy houses (only found one.)

The car park was full and lots of people in the Glen. Last weekend we went to Bradda and I’ve never seen as many people there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

Just visited Dhoon Glen with the family today see the fairy houses (only found one.)

The car park was full and lots of people in the Glen. Last weekend we went to Bradda and I’ve never seen as many people there. 

How much did they spend while there?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, finlo said:

How much did they spend while there?

Load of picture posted on social media = mega bucks of more free advertising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...