Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
asitis

I'll check if it's daylight !

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

When it’s over £700 to travel with a car for a family to the iom for a week I’m not surprised people look elsewhere or holiday within the UK. 

I cant see the state owned racket reducing these fares anytime soon and undoubtedly will in turn increase fares off the island. Another stealth tax. 

2 adults plus two children travelling Monday and return the following Monday £311 (plus car) end of July next year

Edited by Neil Down
Forgot to add when

14 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

2 adults plus two children travelling Monday and return the following Monday £311 (plus car) end of July next year

Maybe but Saturday 20 July for a week for 2 adults + 2 children + car is £782 return from Liverpool.  You can always find cheaper alternatives but many families don't have the flexibility and those looking for self-catering accommodation (as families often are) are usually obliged to stay Saturday to Saturday.

although expensive its not the ferry or accommodations costs that puts families off......

its because of sod all to do...... 

Yup,sod all. Apart from the museums, bowling alley, ape man, laserblast, fishing, hiking, swimming pools, beaches, trams, trains, venture centre, wild life park (just off the top of my head)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Maybe but Saturday 20 July for a week for 2 adults + 2 children + car is £782 return from Liverpool.  You can always find cheaper alternatives but many families don't have the flexibility and those looking for self-catering accommodation (as families often are) are usually obliged to stay Saturday to Saturday.

Thank you Roger. I did Sat to Sat first week in August. Because it’s school holidays and that’s when people have holidays and sat to sat because that’s a normal working week for holiday time off. 

But id expect that response from that troll. 

Edited by Gizo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, piebaps said:

Yup,sod all. Apart from the museums, bowling alley, ape man, laserblast, fishing, hiking, swimming pools, beaches, trams, trains, venture centre, wild life park (just off the top of my head)

told ya sod all......

:rolleyes:

you need to get out more.....

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

Yep, Neil will have spent a good 4 hours online trying every option just so he could find one cheaper than the one you mentioned just so he could come back on here and start a pointless argument about it with you for a few hours. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I may be wrong but I sense some discord between the Sultan and Neil if one says black the other white.    Have their paths crossed in an earlier  existence?    

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I may be wrong but I sense some discord between the Sultan and Neil if one says black the other white.    Have their paths crossed in an earlier  existence?    

Oh !, I thought they were the same poster.:lol::lol:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

Nah, it's between Neil and everyone not totally off their faces.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, piebaps said:

Apart from the museums, bowling alley, ape man, laserblast, fishing, hiking, swimming pools, beaches, trams, trains, venture centre, wild life park (just off the top of my head)

And the USP is?

Ahhhh yes. The ferry fares that made your eyes water....

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

Oh !, I thought they were the same poster.:lol::lol:

@dilligaf

Would you mind sticking to the same avatar?

I just get used to picking up your posts amongst all the dross and you go and change it to something else yet again!

It's like a strung-out adolescent constantly having an identity crisis!

Just stick to that nice cartoon Aussie with the corks in the hat.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Yep, Neil will have spent a good 4 hours online trying every option just so he could find one cheaper than the one you mentioned just so he could come back on here and start a pointless argument about it with you for a few hours. 

No intention at all. It took me all. Of five minutes to find an alternative. Just get a little fed up of people having a go at the SP all the time purely because they are too lazy to look for alternative prices

7 hours ago, Gizo said:

Thank you Roger. I did Sat to Sat first week in August. Because it’s school holidays and that’s when people have holidays and sat to sat because that’s a normal working week for holiday time off. 

Expect what? A sensible response...

9 hours ago, hissingsid said:

There are lots of people on these forums sick of Neil’s pointless and empty-headed arguing in every thread. 

410476F7-C79B-4351-BBFD-1EB737E7BF7A.jpeg

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1