Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  

Woman Assaults Police Officer

I saw this article online which was originally published prior to Christmas but only just put online. 

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=44764&headline=Custody%20for%20woman%20who%20assaulted%20police%20officer&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2018

A couple of points raised, the lady in question came from the UK, and there are already issues involved. As a result of various issues, her dog has been seized, and the MSPCA are involved. The lady served a period of imprisonment whilst on remand. However, the article doesn’t say whether the lady in question has been a) issued with a boat ticket etc and b) been served with a 5 year exclusion order from the island. I get the impression that IOMG and it’s various state bodies and authorities don’t want to a) get their hands dirty and b) don’t want to make a decision as you to whether someone should be deported. I get the impression that IOMG would rather that the Salvation Army solved all their social problems. Don’t get me wrong I’m trying not to sound unsympathetic, but sadly this island has its own home grown issues,  brought on in part, by molly coddling and throwing money at certain groupings in society.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I saw this article online which was originally published prior to Christmas but only just put online. 

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=44764&headline=Custody%20for%20woman%20who%20assaulted%20police%20officer&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2018

A couple of points raised, the lady in question came from the UK, and there are already issues involved. As a result of various issues, her dog has been seized, and the MSPCA are involved. The lady served a period of imprisonment whilst on remand. However, the article doesn’t say whether the lady in question has been a) issued with a boat ticket etc and b) been served with a 5 year exclusion order from the island. I get the impression that IOMG and it’s various state bodies and authorities don’t want to a) get their hands dirty and b) don’t want to make a decision as you to whether someone should be deported. I get the impression that IOMG would rather that the Salvation Army solved all their social problems. Don’t get me wrong I’m trying not to sound unsympathetic, but sadly this island has its own home grown issues,  brought on in part, by molly coddling and throwing money at certain groupings in society.

Reading the report it seems she has Manx connections, or been here for some time, ( basic research shows at least 2 years ) she can’t be excluded in that case. It isn’t the job of the Manx government to export its problems. However she wanted to go to family in England. A charity facilitated that.

We can’t know all the facts and details from the report. Perhaps best not to be so blood thirsty.

Behave John, this is Manx Forums...

Agree, it’s sad we have people living in cars in the IOM. With dogs or not. Seems a very harsh punishment for someone who seems to be basically homeless and flipped when discovered.