Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Manx Bean

Government Whistleblowing - You are in safe hands...

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, quilp said:

Who are the "usual posters" Sultan? Having read back through the thread I fail to identify who it might be that you're referring to. Gizza clue... 

 

6 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Nice to see the usual posters standing up for and actively supporting government bullying. Hardly surprising really. They probably spend the hours that they don’t spend angrily spouting off on here bullying people in the workplace with the same level of zeal. 

why is it nice to see? Are you one of the bullies? Judging by your "contributions" in here, you certainly fit the criteria...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Government whistle-blowing is a pointless exercise in futility. You may as well p-ss into the wind.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Government whistle-blowing is a pointless exercise in futility. You may as well p-ss into the wind.

I tend to believe what Max Power said above. I’ve seen individuals totally destroyed and have to leave the Island for trying to do the right thing in the face of total incompetence above them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I tend to believe what Max Power said above. I’ve seen individuals totally destroyed and have to leave the Island for trying to do the right thing in the face of total incompetence above them. 

Correct, but it isn't all incompetence -- some of the corruption and abuse is very competently done.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Uhtred said:

I think I’ve twigged...top CS at DHA in 2006 must’ve been Greenhow (who presumably ignored the Tynwald recommendation about the cops somehow) and who now of course is Chief Secretary and lately assured the select committee (or at least tried to) that all is well, whistleblowing is super effective and is in fact not needed anyway because everything in the garden is rosy.

You are absolutely right.

The Power is totally in the hands of civil servants as to how Ministers and departments deliver the service.

Kate Beecroft is I think the best example of how it works when she tried to remove The Chief Exc. of the Health Dept.

There is not a complaint system on the Island worthy of the name or fit for purpose.

 

We all knew that though didn’t we.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I tend to believe what Max Power said above. I’ve seen individuals totally destroyed and have to leave the Island for trying to do the right thing in the face of total incompetence above them. 

Not according to Dilli...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are many 'whilstle-blowers' who do so technically, rather than through the whistle-blowing policy itself. For registering concerns their lives are made a misery until they pack up and leave the Island alogether.Seen it plenty of times.Them at the top of the chain enlist other managers across Manxland,and threaten others to ensure the person is totally isolated to ensure the success of the unwritten policy and the subversion of the written one. Meanwhile,the meganuts unsafe practices,and corruption continues unabated. This behavious ensure that other right-minded employees see how bad things are and leave in their own time,before they have to start registering their concerns.Dickheads get a clear run at incompetence, encouraged by the the way whislte-blowers are treated.So you get a big group of incompetant tits doing favours for eachother and rising to the top like shit normally does.I know of plenty of instances of that. At the same time we have dillgaf on here,who I strongly suspect works as a senior manager for the DHSC defending and deflecting the misdemeaners of the Government whilst shitting on everyone else.A name was given to me by an alleged associsate of his, but of course it could be wrong.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I tend to believe what Max Power said above. I’ve seen individuals totally destroyed and have to leave the Island for trying to do the right thing in the face of total incompetence above them. 

You live in fantasy land. Hopefully sooner rather than later, you will find your plot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

You live in fantasy land. Hopefully sooner rather than later, you will find your plot.

And yet you are the only person in this thread arguing contrary to anyone else. Looks like you fit the profile of a typical public sector bully to be honest; especially from your abusive behaviour on here when you don’t get your own way. I bet you make folks life absolute hell IRL when you feel threatened. Typical attitude of people in the public sector who are hanging on to jobs they know they’re no good at and making sure they destroy all chances that they might ever be exposed for it by bullying and other abusive tactics :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neil Down said:
2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I tend to believe what Max Power said above. I’ve seen individuals totally destroyed and have to leave the Island for trying to do the right thing in the face of total incompetence above them.  

Not according to Dilli...

Neil, if we do ever meet IRL, I will give you hundreds of examples of so called "bullying". Far too many people in jobs they are not capable of doing, but getting paid big bucks for.

When told to actually do the job they cry like babies, because the culture of jobs for life and jobs for family is so strong, that they forget they are there to work for their living not sit on their arses and do fuck all.

Maybe it was far too easy to get these jobs and the wrong people got them.

A year in the real world would shock some of these babies who cry when told to work.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thesultanofsheight said:

And yet you are the only person in this thread arguing contrary to anyone else. Looks like you fit the profile of a typical public sector bully to be honest; especially from your abusive behaviour on here when you don’t get your own way. I bet you make folks life absolute hell IRL when you feel threatened. Typical attitude of people in the public sector who are hanging on to jobs they know they’re no good at and making sure they destroy all chances that they might ever be exposed for it by bullying and other abusive tactics :lol:

I work part time in a manual job for myself. I worked very briefly for Gov, for about 6 months. Apart from that I have worked for about 40 years in private sector jobs.

You could not be further from the truth in your assessment of people on here.

I assume you are one of the many snowflakes who hope the temperature does not rise too quickly.

Get a grip and re-read the many posts where you have embarrassed yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But don't forget that you do not respond to my posts :whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon the Sultan is a civil servant. Probably stuck in some bullshit job in Markwell House. 

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I reckon the Sultan is a civil servant. Probably stuck in some bullshit job in Markwell House. 

Nah, but I agree there’s a lot of bullshit jobs in Markwell House. I just can’t see why Dilli wants to argue that black is white and deny IOMG has any form of problem with bullying and abusive practices. He’s the only one saying that people are lazy snowflakes and that it’s not bullying it’s making people work which from the posts of many others clearly isn’t the case. As this and other threads show IOMG has a huge problem with bullying within its management structure and theres a fair few people who can relate stories like Max Powers above where people have been left with mental health issues or forced to leave the IOMG due to abhorrent and shitty individuals who should not be employed by the taxpayer. You wouldn’t be arsed crossing the street to piss on the shoes of half of them and sadly the system that’s in place protects them and actually makes them untouchable. What is needed is robust independent whistle blowing provisions that are designed to make the system better; not to keep wankers in jobs they shouldn’t have in the first place. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Nah, but I agree there’s a lot of bullshit jobs in Markwell House. I just can’t see why Dilli wants to argue that black is white and deny IOMG has any form of problem with bullying and abusive practices. He’s the only one saying that people are lazy snowflakes and that it’s not bullying it’s making people work which from the posts of many others clearly isn’t the case. As this and other threads show IOMG has a huge problem with bullying within its management structure and theres a fair few people who can relate stories like Max Powers above where people have been left with mental health issues or forced to leave the IOMG due to abhorrent and shitty individuals who should not be employed by the taxpayer. You wouldn’t be arsed crossing the street to piss on the shies if half of them and sadly the system that’s in place protects them and actually makes them untouchable. What is needed is robust independent whistle blowing provisions that are designed to make the system better; nit to keep wankers in jobs they shouldn’t have in the first place. 

Just more waffle.

Person with no name was bullied and had to go away

Person with no name was bullied and had to have mental heath involvement

 Person with no name had to ……………...etc. etc.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×