Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
PmJ

Understanding the Law

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, paswt said:

Teapot, the headline section of News online gave a paucity of detail ,  the full SP  was in the paper .

 

I know this, the story normally goes up a few days later. They put out the taster in the hope that people get excited enough to buy the paper. In this case it was enough of a taster for PmJ to start a thread on it, although as we soon find they actually had very little idea what they we talking about. Then days later when the full story finally makes it online the same poster shares the link and comments 'this guy doesn;t know when to shut up', as if this was a further article, a continuation. When pulled on this clear bout of stupidity the poster shrieks 'i don't read the paper you're being unfair I want an apology'. They are clearly an idiot. 

VERY similar to the style of another well known idiot.

Just saying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I know this, the story normally goes up a few days later. They put out the taster in the hope that people get excited enough to buy the paper. In this case it was enough of a taster for PmJ to start a thread on it, although as we soon find they actually had very little idea what they we talking about. Then days later when the full story finally makes it online the same poster shares the link and comments 'this guy doesn;t know when to shut up', as if this was a further article, a continuation. When pulled on this clear bout of stupidity the poster shrieks 'i don't read the paper you're being unfair I want an apology'. They are clearly an idiot. 

VERY similar to the style of another well known idiot.

Just saying

So this is what is construed as constructive posting then?

I wasn't aware I had a style of posting and I can assure you I am not an idiot. Don't let that stop you from being abusive though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paswt said:

Teapot, the headline section of News online gave a paucity of detail ,  the full SP  was in the paper .

Have to say that JW can be a bit abrasive and condescending ( perhaps part of the stock in trade of members of the legal profession :lol::flowers: , my son is a barrister across:lol:)

 Personally I feel that   folk spuriously(?) identifying posters  in order to demean their contributions unhelpful , it's one thing to venture to suggest a similarity in posting style.........but .....

Just saying 

 

Is this why so many forum members don't bother posting on here much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

VERY similar to the style of another well known idiot.

Another very familiar complete mental meltdown thread as well whenever a poster is accused of getting something wrong. The contagion will no doubt spread to every thread again soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Another very familiar complete mental meltdown thread as well whenever a poster is accused of getting something wrong. The contagion will no doubt spread to every thread again soon. 

From what I have seen so far, it will involve you, John Wright and Teapot. It will in all probability go like this

1. John Wright will once again accuse me of being somebody else (pretty poor considering he is a moderator)

2. Teapot will scream abuse aimed at me

3. You will turn up, join in and also level unfounded accusations

feel free to correct if you can. Now can you stay on topic or is that not the idea in this forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scream? Hardly. All I was doing was pointing out how flawed your demand for an apology was. You've posted the article as if it were new, having a go at the father (he doesn't know when to shut up or whatever it was) despite the fact that it was exactly the same story you'd started the thread about. If you can't see that your position here is wrong then my assertion that you are an idiot is entirely correct.

Edited by TheTeapot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PmJ said:

From what I have seen so far, it will involve you, John Wright and Teapot. It will in all probability go like this

1. John Wright will once again accuse me of being somebody else (pretty poor considering he is a moderator)

2. Teapot will scream abuse aimed at me

3. You will turn up, join in and also level unfounded accusations

feel free to correct if you can. Now can you stay on topic or is that not the idea in this forum

You have a lot to complain about for someone who has been on here 5 minutes ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MrPB said:

It look like the OP has a personal issue with the driving instructor to be honest. 

I have no idea who the driving instructor is. What I do have issues with is people in positions where by they are teaching other people to drive and fail to understand motoring rules and regs. Nothing more, nothing less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

You have a lot to complain about for someone who has been on here 5 minutes ;)

Not really, just read back for a couple of hours. Be part of the solution, not the problem.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PmJ said:

Is this why so many forum members don't bother posting on here much

IMHO that is a reasonable hypothesis , new posters are quite often harangued / ridiculed /patronised / misquoted/ misrepresented  by some of the  regulars.

I have been PM'd by a few who have decided "it's not worth the candle" as a result of what they consider  bullying .

I have been accused of bickering and been told to shut up in the past but if on reflection I think I'm right I'll stick to my guns and regard it as their problem more than mine:lol:.

I rarely resort to using intemperate language but sometimes it is necessary to respond in kind , the downside is that some posters hope to get a robust response so they can play the "victim card":)

Don't let the b's grind you down has always been my mantra:lol::flowers:

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, paswt said:

IMHO that is a reasonable hypothesis , new posters are quite often harangued / ridiculed /patronised / misquoted/ misrepresented  by some of the  regulars.

I have been PM'd by a few who have decided "it's not worth the candle" as a result of what they consider  bullying .

I have been accused of bickering and been told to shut up in the past but if on reflection I think I'm right I'll stick to my guns and regard it as their problem more than mine:lol:.

I rarely resort to using intemperate language but sometimes it is necessary to respond in kind , the downside is that some posters hope to get a robust response so they can play the "victim card":)

Don't let the b's grind you down has always been my mantra:lol::flowers:

 

I certainly won’t but when you have a moderator starting the problem then sitting back, it does make you wonder what the heck is going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, paswt said:

IMHO that is a reasonable hypothesis , new posters are quite often harangued / ridiculed /patronised / misquoted/ misrepresented  by some of the  regulars.

I think most people worked out you were Neil years ago Paul x 

Give it a rest. 

Youre addicted to winding people up on MF. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PmJ said:

I certainly won’t but when you have a moderator starting the problem then sitting back, it does make you wonder what the heck is going on.

He's not a mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, PmJ said:

I certainly won’t but when you have a moderator starting the problem then sitting back, it does make you wonder what the heck is going on.

Don't think he's a moderator at the mo , just saying:flowers:

ETA Now Neil Down Would have known that , funny old world:)

Edited by paswt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I think most people worked out you were Neil years ago Paul x 

Give it a rest. 

Youre addicted to MF. 

I speak as I find SOS.  

I've been accused of being Neil before , bit ironic really as initially, if memory serves we crossed swords  but I don't have a problem with him at all now , pity he seems to have stopped posting.

I don't respond to childish insults , CBA ............. addicted to MF you say?  If I am then I'm a beginner compared to your good self :lol::flowers:

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×