Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Donald Trumps

Year Of Our Island

Recommended Posts

Minister Thomas explains the ethos behind 'Year of Our Island' and www.locate.im to Mr Martin Moore

yearofourislandscreenshot-www.facebook.com-2019-02-10-09-54-53-583.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waxing lyrical. Any substance behind it? What actually happened that was particularly special that wasn't already planned? 

"The rainbow at the tail of the storm of the difficult years of this decade" indeed.

I suspect that we're not even half way through it.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder what the theme of Budget 2019 will be?

"Young mums must earn their way, ordinary folks must do at least two jobs to survive, state pensioners will be paid at subsistence levels, privatise the Manx NHS, etc, etc"

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All those words to say “we spent a tiny bit to promote a few local things, and we will do it again, but call it something different”

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Waxing lyrical. Any substance behind it? What actually happened that was particularly special that wasn't already planned? 

"The rainbow at the tail of the storm of the difficult years of this decade" indeed.

I suspect that we're not even half way through it.

A rainbow at the tail of the storm. It says it all when Mr Thomas gets all wordy! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s more chance of a unicorn taking a dump in the Tynpotwald Chamber than anything remotely good or profitable arising from Year of our Island. What’s this year? Year of the Fairytale? Hans Christian Anderson would have had a field day!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Minister Thomas explains the ethos behind 'Year of Our Island' and www.locate.im to Mr Martin Moore

yearofourislandscreenshot-www.facebook.com-2019-02-10-09-54-53-583.png

It reads like an entry for "Pseuds Corner"....

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Wonder what the theme of Budget 2019 will be?

"Young mums must earn their way, ordinary folks must do at least two jobs to survive, state pensioners will be paid at subsistence levels, privatise the Manx NHS, etc, etc"

I doubt it. I’m sure he would like too, but with most of them, Minister Thomas included, they haven’t any backbone, bottle or political will to do it, so will fall on the fail safe - do nothing and kick the can down Prospect Hill. They haven’t got the guts to make unpopular decisions which affect rich, poor and the Chamber of Commerce. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, P.K. said:

It reads like an entry for "Pseuds Corner"....

Indeed

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could have made it clearer what it was all about from the beginning instead of in retrospect. I was asking about it when it first came out and nobody provided any substantive answers or addressed my concerns.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Could have made it clearer what it was all about from the beginning instead of in retrospect. I was asking about it when it first came out and nobody provided any substantive answers or addressed my concerns.

Was there any consultation prior to Tynpotwald being manipulated into voting for the Year of the Island 2018? Or was mine and many other taxpayers money merely allocated for this frivolous exercise. I would like to see what was hoped to be achieved as compared to what was actually acheived? Was tourist statistics increased as a result of special activities? I would argue that as Locate.im was used to sponsor both the TT and the FOM, this isn’t brilliant as we haven’t enough sponsors for the races, and are relying on IOMGs pet projects to cover up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a load of s...e this man comes up with, he has fingers in more political pies than Jack Horner and what he has achieved in his terms of office could be written on the back of a postage stamp.   How people can take him or his actions seriously I will never understand to call him a buffoon insults buffoons.   He is good at one thing, spending and wasting taxpayers money, money that decent , hardworking people have had to graft for I hope the people who voted for him at the last election are pleased with themselves for landing us with such a man who is obviously so up himself he cannot see why the Island does not need this expensive tripe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it's fair to judge Chris Thomas based on this one thing. He has been the driving force behind a lot of much needed and long overdue reform, but unlike certain other politicians he doesn't go around self-promoting himself and what he does.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×