Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Donald Trumps

Year Of Our Island

The Year of showing how hopeless government are at organising anything, from the very start when hardly anyone turned up at the Villa because no one knew what it was all about, and most still don't, if anyone of the wonderful organisation team headed by Chris Thomas disputes this I challenge them to walk down Strand Street tomorrow and ask the first 20 people they meet what they know about it, if one comes up with any knowledge it will be a miracle.   They have done nothing of note and have simply air bombed other events that were happening anyway apart from a concert .     The whole charade must have cost a fair few bob....ridiculous.   They could not run a bath.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

The Year of showing how hopeless government are at organising anything, from the very start when hardly anyone turned up at the Villa because no one knew what it was all about, and most still don't, if anyone of the wonderful organisation team headed by Chris Thomas disputes this I challenge them to walk down Strand Street tomorrow and ask the first 20 people they meet what they know about it, if one comes up with any knowledge it will be a miracle.   They have done nothing of note and have simply air bombed other events that were happening anyway apart from a concert .     The whole charade must have cost a fair few bob....ridiculous.   They could not run a bath.  

So negative, its been a fantastic celebration, a massive space selfie, a world class public garden, and some totally excellent painted stones, only cost 75,000 of dead peoples money plus double that and then some in  live taxpayers money... I love rainbows... Chris Thomas what a legend...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the only thing I saw was an advert for something in Ramsey 'this weekend' at 5pm, but totally failed to say what day the 'weekend' happened :ermm:

still don't know what it was all about  :whatever:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Tempus Fugit said:

the only thing I saw was an advert for something in Ramsey 'this weekend' at 5pm, but totally failed to say what day the 'weekend' happened :ermm:

I think it was some sort of dark skies/light display celebration based in the park. Not sure if it was widely advertised. Central Govt I think too, rather than a Ramsey Commissioners promotion.

1 hour ago, Tempus Fugit said:

That's why I gave it a plug on here, doing their job for them. They can have it for free too. I'm assuming no one went?

The latest patronising whim is to tell locals what to do on their own front steps , or something

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

That's why I gave it a plug on here, doing their job for them. They can have it for free too. I'm assuming no one went?

It was wet and windy so probably not.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

The latest patronising whim is to tell locals what to do on their own front steps , or something

When we all know Vinny's got that covered.

• Like 1