Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Donald Trumps

Year Of Our Island

4 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I don't think it's fair to judge Chris Thomas based on this one thing. He has been the driving force behind a lot of much needed and long overdue reform, but unlike certain other politicians he doesn't go around self-promoting himself and what he does.

I agree there. This was largely an initiative dreamed up by Big H and then left to others to deliver. It has been delivered badly with little planning evident but it’s probably unlikely Thomas is specifically to blame for other people’s poor execution. That’s what they’re paid to do. Apparently they had a project coordinator and everything - although quite what the f**k that person did is anyone’s guess. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Perhaps someone is posing as Minister Thomas

If you're on Manx Radio being interviewed, then it goes without saying that they're going to put you in the position of having to defend yourself. What I meant is that he doesn't proactively go around promoting himself.

• Sad 1

Quayle dreamed up an initiative?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rushen Spy said:

If you're on Manx Radio being interviewed, then it goes without saying that they're going to put you in the position of having to defend yourself. What I meant is that he doesn't proactively go around promoting himself.

Do you spend much time in social media channels?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Year of our Island. 2018 - what a shit year. What actually happened? From a Tynwald point of view I would say:

The year that the 'First Deemster, Clerk of the Rolls and Deputy Governor' jacked in his post to go back to his mates in the private sector.

That's a first in Manx history.

The most esteemed and powerful post in the Isle of Man reduced to one of the boys but with a big wig, a red gown and black tights,  pretending to be something important.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Do you spend much time in social media channels?

What, like MySpace? No, I'm not very active on there.

Seriously, though, are you implying that Chris promotes himself on social media? I think that's pretty silly. He's not on there much at all and when he does it's usually because he's on the defensive because there is so much b0llock$ being posted and he has to correct some of the misinformation being parroted.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

If you're on Manx Radio being interviewed, then it goes without saying that they're going to put you in the position of having to defend yourself. 

Why? They're not exactly known for their Paxmanesque interview style.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Why? They're not exactly known for their Paxmanesque interview style.

If someone asks a question or criticises you, the only response is to defend yourself or to not engage. If you're on the radio, not engaging isn't really an option, especially if you're a government minister and you're expected to try to communicate with the electorate and set the record straight.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Seriously, though, are you implying that Chris promotes himself on social media? I think that's pretty silly. He's not on there much at all and when he does it's usually because he's on the defensive because there is so much b0llock$ being posted and he has to correct some of the misinformation being parroted.

:lol::lol::lol:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

He's posting on iomtoday, today, assuring all that the PS Pension situation is all in hand and now sustainable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

He's posting on iomtoday, today, assuring all that the PS Pension situation is all in hand and now sustainable.

He's correct. Reforms have been made and although it is not immediately set to be self-funding, the changes have been made which have put it on track to become fully self-funding. It just isn't something that will happen immediately and nor would it be desirable to do so. It is going to be a gradual thing but as I said the changes have been made and will eventually be realised.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

& Facebook

& Twitter

• Like 1