Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
dilligaf

Cut & paste

Although maybe not this case specifically, I cringe like a bastard when I hear senior civil servants extol the virtues of the Isle of Man saying what a wonderful place it is and how it is so wonderful they have settled here.

I want to tell them that the reason they settled here is because if they had stayed in UK they would still be a clerical assistant or similar. They flowered up a CV and escaped to another country that chucks huge sums of money at bullshitters.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, gettafa said:

Although maybe not this case specifically, I cringe like a bastard when I hear senior civil servants extol the virtues of the Isle of Man saying what a wonderful place it is and how it is so wonderful they have settled here.

I want to tell them that the reason they settled here is because if they had stayed in UK they would still be a clerical assistant or similar. They flowered up a CV and escaped to another country that chucks huge sums of money at bullshitters.

Sadly that's a good candidate for post of the year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, gettafa said:

This must all be galling for locals who joined the CS years ago and then see these types parachuted in time after time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Certainly, but that said, and in the interest of truth, clarity and balance I have witnessed some local utter fuckwits rise to the tops of their department/area of government

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, gettafa said:

Certainly, but that said, and in the interest of truth, clarity and balance I have witnessed some local utter fuckwits rise to the tops of their department/area of government

I didn’t know there were locals at the top of anything in the CS.

• Like 1

What about Fred Kissack!!!

Actually, there have been quite a few Manx CEOs.

And in non departments.

On 2/20/2019 at 12:14 PM, Roger Mexico said:

In a sense it''s even worse than plagiarism.  Because if they were really concerned about finding out the best practice they would be looking at a number of different places and picking out what worked best and could be most suitably adapted to the Island.  They wouldn't just confine their search to England or indeed the British Isles.  And they would be open about where their ideas were taken from so that others could assess how well they worked in situ.  The excuse that they are saving time and effort doesn't convince if they're not open about the process.

But of course this all has little to do with the reason the document was actually produced, which had nothing to with providing the best and most suitable healthcare system for the people of the Island.  It's purpose was simply to try to prove that the 'author' was doing something when they weren't.  Hence the declaration that it was just a 'vision' - a vague declaration of intent without the need to do anything or to think things through to see if they would work.

how many other places have a nhs..........

3 minutes ago, woody2 said:

how many other places have a nhs..........

Austria, Belarus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, and the United Kingdom.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Austria, Belarus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine,

non of which have a nhs........

On 3/29/2019 at 1:45 AM, hampsterkahn said:

A  theory:

The reason we have such consistently  “disappointing appointments”.

When someone is interviewed for a job, there is bias ( whether conscious or unconscious ,is of little relevance  )  of the interviewer (s) to favour   the candidate  who is most  like themselves.

This results in a sort of consistency and continuity, but set at a comfortably low level of competence .

-which  the appointee regularly and unapologetically ,fails to reach.

Absolutely spot on, the repetitiveness is unbelievable, like interviews like, and get rid of anyone with ideas or competency as they are seen as a threat to the standard

they should have utilised this link as part of model research...  an I claim my 80k paycheck now

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-19/u-s-near-bottom-of-health-index-hong-kong-and-singapore-at-top

18 hours ago, Kopek said:

Before the invasion.

19 hours ago, Kopek said:

For obvious reasons I recall only Chris Corlett.

Seems to have survived though!

On 3/31/2019 at 6:20 PM, Kopek said:

Seems to have survived though!

They always do though, if they have friends. 

Scott was binned as hospital manager but then became Director of Infrastructure or something,  nothing to do with hospitals or nursing

Morris was boss at the hospital then promoted to deputy CEO 

Quinn packed his bags and shot off

Who took over after Quinn??