Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

I say 67 mentions of brexit. Only for the bad news. Any good news i predict will be down to government fiscal policy. Time for lord alf to address everyone like the idiots they are

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

We are in talks with Honda who have shown serious interest in relocating fron Swindon to Jurby.

You may laugh but a little bird told me someone had approached government for 'assistance' with a plan to build motorcycles at Jurby ( having acquired the rights to a defunct British manufacturer of yesteryear ).

12 minutes ago, paswt said:

You may laugh but a little bird told me someone had approached government for 'assistance' with a plan to build motorcycles at Jurby ( having acquired the rights to a defunct British manufacturer of yesteryear ).

Back to the days of the Acqua-cars ! 

My friend and I are playing “budget speech cliche bingo”. We each have a card bearing likely Cannan phrases.  I won the prize (bag of marshmallows) for the first cliche...”hard working families” passed his lips scarcely 2 minutes into the speech. The marshmallows are delicious. I love a cliché budget!

Edited by Uhtred
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

55 minutes ago, paswt said:

Doubtless they'll use some "space age" technology too that's been left lying around.

1 hour ago, paswt said:

If IOMG are involved it’s bound to end in tears and another Tynpotwald Select Committee, either chaired by a tame lawyer or a not so bright MHK. Sorry for the cynicism folks

Edited by 2112
  • Haha 1

Anyone have any serious comment?

4 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Anyone have any serious comment?

Budget?

Motorcycle Factory in Jurby?

Both are pie in the sky!

mmmmm pie

6500k people out of tax net

Tax free allowances up to 14k

looking like some good news for some.

Wish I could understand the new pension arrangments . Are all pensioners getting the new £184 or do us current pensioners continue with a basic pension plus Manx supplement?

My understanding is that if you are on the Manx supplement it stays with you to death. New pensions are being phased in.

• Like 2

Manx supplement gradually phased out over 20 years was my understanding, whatever that means. Also the 184, some will get more, some will get less, whatever that means.

• Like 1

Can't listen in at the moment....What's this year's raid on the reserves?

3 hours ago, paswt said:

reliant robins........

• Haha 1