Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Cheesy Wheezy

Man sentenced for fake gun

If you type that company name, and TT into a popular video sharing website, it might be the same company that ran a competition about a year ago and had over 2221 entries for a prize of their services.  

Anyone who has been part of the Airsoft/paintball crowd will know that the plod (both in the UK and IOM) are very clear on the transporting of imitation firearms (particularly Airsoft weapons as they are 1:1 replicas of actual firearms) they are the be secured and concealed in appropriate containers and should only be transported direct site to site.

The article was unclear as to what the actual offence that the man was arrested and convicted for, but certainly owning an imitation firearm is not an offence (although he was a right throbber for driving around with it on display.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, maynragh said:

You are an ignorant loudmouth who likes to impress people with things they don't understand, and I claim my £5.

Luckily for you though that's not a criminal offence ...

Yet.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Anyone who has been part of the Airsoft/paintball crowd will know that the plod (both in the UK and IOM) are very clear on the transporting of imitation firearms (particularly Airsoft weapons as they are 1:1 replicas of actual firearms) they are the be secured and concealed in appropriate containers and should only be transported direct site to site.

The article was unclear as to what the actual offence that the man was arrested and convicted for, but certainly owning an imitation firearm is not an offence (although he was a right throbber for driving around with it on display.)

Especially in his lap

10 hours ago, maynragh said:

You are an ignorant loudmouth who likes to impress people with things they don't understand...

Luckily for you though that's not a criminal offence....

It is however a common feature evident within the House of Keys.

I think that there have been sufficient cases in the media of prosecutions of individuals possessing imitation firearms (and worse, when it has resulted in a police shooting) that it is reasonable to expect that anyone who has a need to transport something that looks like a real gun to know that it should be hidden away rather than on open display where any reasonable person would think that it’s a real gun and would be somewhat alarmed as a result.

There’s clearly a difference between an adult driving around with something that looks like a gun on their lap and a young boy running around with a toy gun shouting ‘bang bang.’ That being said; there was no way my kids would be allowed a toy gun that could be mistaken for a real one.

• Like 3

I'm old enough to remember a certain person getting into police trouble at the round bar at the Place Hotel by for holding up a fake gun to try and get served, that was just weeks after Dunblane! He's now a very senior Manx politician ! He just got a fine. How things have changed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Camping one, company behind the payments is Mopurca Limited 

5 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

I'm sure there was a police report on twitter late last year about a car being stopped and a man with an imitation gun tucked in the waistband of his trousers had been arrested.

Wonder if it's connected?

4 minutes ago, Knoxville said:

No idea if they did Cyclefest but that's the company taking payments for Evolution Camping.

I’m pretty sure they did the processing for Cyclefest as well. 

Added: there’s a dead link on Google 

BAB33B43-FF0C-4083-A90D-BFEFB2FDA220.jpeg

Edited by MrPB

5 hours ago, John Wright said:

The article describes the camping site as bogus, not the company.

I beg to differ John...

Police have been alerted to a number of accommodation bookings which have been made through a bogus company. 

Evolution Camping, who have been taking accommodation bookings for camping during TT 2019 fortnight, were advertising the use of a camping area that is not available to them. 

A number of bookings which have been made through this company have already been identified and the customers involved have been contacted. 

Police are requesting for anyone who has made a booking through this company for accommodation during TT 2019 or beyond that hasn’t already been contacted, to get in touch with CID at Police Headquarters.

6 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

I'm sure there was a police report on twitter late last year about a car being stopped and a man with an imitation gun tucked in the waistband of his trousers had been arrested.

Wonder if it's connected?

TweetbeatIOM Retweeted
byW9U6qu_bigger.jpg 29 Dec 2018
More

During a routine vehicle stop today the pistol grip of this imitation #firearm protruding from the driver's waistline caught my eye. #Taser drawn and one male under arrest. Firearms will be treated as real until we can prove otherwise and with this, there was no way of knowing.

image.thumb.png.38c8a6ca9290cfed002bea81cb9a7492.png

• Like 2