Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
studmuffin

Teen broke victim's nose in unprovoked attack

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, gettafa said:

"A probation report assessed Pszczolkowski as a low risk of reoffending and of harm to the public."

htf can anyone tell? The facts of the serious crime should stand on their own. There is no mitigation for punching fuck out of a stranger in an unprovoked attack

"But Mrs Hughes said she had taken into account Pszczolkowski’s young age, his lack of previous convictions, his guilty plea, and his demonstration of remorse and that she was satisfied that this was a one-off incident."

"...his guilty plea "- How is that relevant? He was pissed, there were plenty of witnesses in a public place, he had no choice other than to accept he was guilty

"..lack of previous convictions" - How is it relevant if there were no previous conviction? I agree it is relevant if there had been previous convictions.

"..demonstration of remorse- Again, how is that relevant? I agree it is relevant if there had been no demonstration of remorse.

I think Ms Hughes is one to watch.

 

 

 

I can kind of see your point of view, but prison isn't about vengeance, it's about deterrent and rehabilitation so perhaps was not relevant in this case?

I think the defendant is the one to watch. Especially during a game of Scrabble where names are allowed. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gettafa said:

I see where you are coming from of course. And you would have been highly justified in your point if 'the mob'  had been calling for lynching or locking up and throwing away the key etc. But I don't think there has been any of that here - just a criticism of the apparent light sentence handed down by Jaynie.

She always likes to let our Eastern European visitors off. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrPB said:

She always likes to let our Eastern European visitors off. 

Always?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Max Power said:

Had my nose broken a couple of times, it never went to court...

What about the rest of you?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..and how do you smell?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chris C said:

They're not visitors, they live here.

Currently ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MrPB said:

Currently ... 

None of us will live here for ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2019 at 11:29 PM, Chris C said:

They're not visitors, they live here.

I don't think this one has lived here long, probably one of those "skilled" hotel workers we weakened the work permit for, not exactly "low risk" when he has already attacked a kid for no reason and isn't being deported it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Government entirely to blame.

Edited by Lagman
Error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2019 at 12:34 PM, gettafa said:

"A probation report assessed Pszczolkowski as a low risk of reoffending and of harm to the public."

htf can anyone tell? The facts of the serious crime should stand on their own. There is no mitigation for punching fuck out of a stranger in an unprovoked attack

"But Mrs Hughes said she had taken into account Pszczolkowski’s young age, his lack of previous convictions, his guilty plea, and his demonstration of remorse and that she was satisfied that this was a one-off incident."

"...his guilty plea "- How is that relevant? He was pissed, there were plenty of witnesses in a public place, he had no choice other than to accept he was guilty

"..lack of previous convictions" - How is it relevant if there were no previous conviction? I agree it is relevant if there had been previous convictions.

"..demonstration of remorse- Again, how is that relevant? I agree it is relevant if there had been no demonstration of remorse.

I think Ms Hughes is one to watch.

 

 

 

Just Kalergi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lagman said:

Just Kalergi.

??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hughes is at least better than the nasty piece of work that left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gettafa said:

Hughes is at least better than the nasty piece of work that left.

Marginal at best...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...